Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanInNevada

Bold 2014 NBA Draft Predictions

I could actually see the Magic trading back at 12 and picking up some more assets if they don't like anybody at 12. There are teams like Phoenix who have lots of mid to late 1sts and don't want to have 3 rookies next year. If they make more than one trade we could easily end up with a pick in the 16-20 range, an early 2nd round pick and maybe a future pick or something.

And why do you always have something stupid to say?

Well, at first I was overwhelmed by the sheer depth of your prose and how thoroughly you explained your argument on a point by point level.

Such precision is usually off-putting, but in your case it was all done so elegantly that even I was forced to stand and applaud your magnificent debate skill.

And why does Chicago do this?

Actually this is valid criticism from DOM. Chicago is known to be cheap so they probably wouldn't trade 2 rookie contracts for Afflalo

And why does Chicago do this?

I think Chicago has a need for SG/SF and I reckon Afflalo would fit their system pretty well. He could complement Rose. Though saying all that I think Boozer would still have to be added for it to work. I think it is not too bad a place to start from.

I actually think its a good trade for Chicago. And for us, taking Boozer for one year wouldn't really hurt things. Them getting Nicholson would provide value as they try to woo Carmelo also since it would likely cost them their uber PF. They would certainly like to rock a ROSE/AA/MELO/ANYBODY/NOAH lineup if they could work it.

• Upvote 1

And why do you always have something stupid to say?

I agree. I think this trade makes good sense for both teams. Chicago is in "win now" mode, Affalo fits in perfectly with what Coach Thibs preaches. Nicholson equals anything you would get in the second round, so essentially they're giving up their first rounder for Affalo. Affalo is much better than any player they would find in the draft at that position and he helps them win from opening night.

Trade Boozer to us and amnesty Rose (yeah I said it) and Chicago essentially gets to start over.

That actually wouldn't be a Shocker in my book. Good prediction though

So to update on the previous prediction:

Trade: Chicago gets SG Arron Affalo and Andrew Nicholson

and Orlando gets Carlos Boozer, 16th overall pick, 49th overall pick, and cash considerations.

Draft:

4th pick: PG Dante Exum

12th pick: SG James Young

16th pick: PF Adreian Payne

49th pick: PG Russ Smith

Chicago additionally will save about $7 mil in cap space. Nonetheless, they're still over the cap, so how are people talking like they can sign Carmelo is confusing to me.

Ok now that the lottery is over this is what I predict:

Trade: Chicago gets SG Arron Affalo and Andrew Nicholson

and Orlando gets 16th overall pick, 49th overall pick, and cash considerations.

Draft:

12th pick: SG James Young

As someone else noted, Boozer might have to be included in the deal to make the trade work, and I'm not sure that Chicago would do that. I like the trade if Boozer is included, otherwise, I think we are giving Afflalo away for far too little.

As someone else noted, Boozer might have to be included in the deal to make the trade work, and I'm not sure that Chicago would do that. I like the trade if Boozer is included, otherwise, I think we are giving Afflalo away for far too little.

Boozer is the reason you like the trade??? Really? I don't want him.

Boozer is the reason you like the trade??? Really? I don't want him.

On a one-year, expiring contract, playing hard for his next contract - yeah, I wouldn't mind him. If he plays like he has the last couple years, you have added a good big to your rotation. If for some reason he doesn't, someone else is going to want to trade for cap space/expiring contract. You have traded Nicholson out, you can not pick up the option on Maxiel, and if you get Payne it still gives him a veteran to mentor/practice against for the first year.

12th pick: SG James Young or Nik Stauskas

That gives you:

Exum/Nelson/Smith

Oladipo/Young or Stauskas

Harkless/Harris

O'Quinn/Boozer/Payne

Vucevic/Dedmon

I like O'Quinn better to start because of his defense matching up with Vuc's offense, and then moving O'Quinn to the 5, or Dedmon in with Boozer. This lets Boozer play against the other teams second units, as well!