Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

How Many Games Have you Watched from Beginning to End?

Big baby is the most difficult player to watch. The problem is he plays so hard out there. He's a high energy guy and you can't fault his effort. I'm happy when he does things like get 3 offensive rebounds in one possession.

This highlights the bad stuff and makes it more noticeable. The three point shooting, the inability to jump, the high number of shot attempts.

When Brian Cook played you knew he was jacking up a shot as soon as possible. You had no hope of team play with him. Big baby teases you with good games, smart plays, and hustle only to spit in your face with something terrible seconds later.

• Upvote 1

I've watched at least 20 all the way through. Recently I've only watched the 1st half at which point its evident there's no coming back, or the 4th quarter if i realize its close. I've soured on Big Baby throughout the season, if we make any trade I really really hope he's the guy to go.

EDIT: ?4thewin, I was typing this post before i saw yours. What you said about Big Baby sums up exactly how I feel about him.

I have probably watched at least a part of 90% of the games, but maybe only a half dozen all the way through. Tobias Harris quickly became my favorite player last year, and the fact that he has missed so many games definitely had a bearing on how much of the games I watched. Right now I am struggling with Big Baby (like everyone else), disappointed in Harkless, and really wondering if JV is a good coach or not. It hasn't been fun, and I'm really sick of the tanking talk because it's no sure bet that we get the best player out there, especially since nobody knows who it really is. We have looked so awful at times that I don't think Jordan in his prime would make us a contender. But alas, I shall continue to be a fan because I am.

You know what Voodoo Man? Harkless has been such a disappointment that I forgot he played for the Magic. His very existence has been overshadowed by that of Harris.

Watched 15-20 games start to finish this season. I've missed almost every Wednesday game since mid-November due to coaching my kids' basketball practices.

Attended 3-4 games in person so far this season. I'm also one of those gluttons for punishment who watches the replays, and watched about half the ones I've missed this way.

I was really disappointed with O'Quinn's slow start, but he's starting to figure out his role finally. I can't watch a game without the wife teeing off about Big Baby, used to refute her assertions but he's such a tank commander it's impossible now. Giving Harkless one more offseason to get it together before I give up completely on him.

I record them and try to blaze through them once I put the kids down. I'd say I've watched 50-60% of the games this year. I like seeing the pups develop.

Like most, Baby drives me crazy because he tries so hard, is pure bowling ball chaos, and clearly takes PT away from Harris and the Professor. Love the potential of Oladipo, Harris and Vooch, with Harris still being my favorite dude.

I've watched the first quarter of about 30-35 games, first half of about 20-25 and full games... ummm... 15ish... 15 to 18.

I record them and try to blaze through them once I put the kids down. I'd say I've watched 50-60% of the games this year. I like seeing the pups develop.

Like most, Baby drives me crazy because he tries so hard, is pure bowling ball chaos, and clearly takes PT away from Harris and the Professor. Love the potential of Oladipo, Harris and Vooch, with Harris still being my favorite dude.

This is 99% EXACTLY like me. Although I have one kid, but he makes me feel like I have 3. I'd say 40% of the games with not watching many at all in January, as well as another 10-15% of the other games I watched the fourth quarter. I would watched more if we'd QUIT GETTING BLOWN OUT. *gets tight-lipped* Also I've got a ton of video games now, there's other stuff on TV, WWE is better-than-usual right now.. there's just only so many hours in the day. That pretty much says it all about the current "process" for the Magic and how I feel about how much of it to watch.

I use DVR and at this point, spoiling the score. I've actually forgotten two games were even ON (OKC + win over Lakers, luckily found an alternative way of seeing the Lakers beatdown, and OKC, well, we lost. Strangely enough that's the third time I've forgotten or didn't know about a Magic-Thunder game, even though the Thunder are one of my fave Western teams). I also nearly forgot about Magic-Celtics thanks to the Superbowl, getting pizza, etc. I had to catch the last five minutes in the fourth quarter of the REPLAY that started at midnight.

I wanted to do a Stock Up/Stock Down for each month, but I honestly haven't watched enough games all the way through to do it to my own standards.

This is all quite something from someone who watched over two seasons straight of full Magic games in the peak of the Shaq n' Penny days, all live as well. Not like me to miss games. Poor team performances and a family life'll do that, I guess!

Pros towards watching:

1. Nikola Vucevic. He's not my fave player on the team, but I literally cannot watch Magic games if he doesn't play! I can't take the total lack of defensive rebounding if he's not around. I blame Stan Van Gundy for making me care about defense and rebounding so much! :svgsad: :shard:

2. Tobias Harris. See: J.J. Redick. As in, I like when I'm right about someone and I think Harris has shown his scoring and rebounding is no fluke. Also, it's nyce that we got something of real value for Redick! Makes him not being around draining threes more acceptable.

3. Victor Oladipo. 'Nuff said about "Home Depot."

4. Rob Hennigan. It's nice to be able to look forward to the Draft, especially with him in the captain's chair.

5. Kyle O'Quinn. We're starting to see what we were hoping for last year.

Negatives towards watching:

1. Big Baby. Glad to see I'm not alone in this. He hasn't reached Chris Duhon level, but I really think he's surpassed Hedo for me. Look, at least Hedo did some big things with us his first run with us, sometimes even when Dwight wasn't around. Even when he came back, has Big Baby ever helped us towards a nine game winning streak?? Just sayin'. I just can't take his three point shots. You are NOT Ryan Anderson!! Or Rashard Lewis. Even when they go in I get pissed!

Yes he's perfect for the tanking blah blah BLAH but he makes the games much more difficult to watch, to the point where what he's doing trickles down to #2!

2. Jacques Vaughn. I know this only your second year coaching and everything, and I love the positive attitude and so forth, but c'mon. Are you a coach? Or a babysitter??

There is no reason Mo Harkless shouldn't be more developed by now, and there is DEFINITELY no reason why Big Baby should be doing so many dumb things game, after game, after game. On the positive side Afflalo and Nicholson (when actually given minutes) have shown another leap forward from last year, but it doesn't explain Big Baby or Harkless at all. Also, I feel like I'm watching Keyon Dooling at point guard all over again with E'Twaun Moore. He's a shooting guard, not a point!! Not to mention our defense should be on a milk carton more than half the time. Like, what exactly is our style of play, and what exactly are you teaching the kids??? Because if you're rebuilding, you need to, you know... "build!?"

3. Mo Harkless. Yeah, just see above. I can't talk about him for too long without getting depressed. At least he had that one 26 point game? :svgsad:

4. Jameer Nelson. He's 4th out of 4 right now because I'm just indifferent to him. He's constantly getting "hurt" and missing maximum time possible, and when he's out there, you could look up the phrase "going through the motions" and his picture would be near by. Now don't get me wrong he's actually having one of his better years in quite some time, but as a lead guy in the Jameer Nelson v. Carlos Arroyo war on Jameer's side, I'd be fine if he retired a Magician, and I'd be fine if we traded him at the deadline. Whatevs.

(If we trade him though, it better be a good haul in return!)

I may also watch more Magic games more often win-or-lose now that football season is over, especially if we trade Big Baby somehow, but I'm also "meh" at best these days.

• Upvote 1