Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

I think you have to read that again :D/>/> Gortat got 5 years 60 million. I was talking about Ben Gordon

Oh ok..that makes more sense. I had not seen Gortats details just that he resigned with WASH.

I was thinking that was way too good for Gortat - I misread as 2 years at 9 million per.

And it was.

Parsons is a 3rd banana at best, but it would take high second banana/low first banana money to get him out of Houston. And you'd be crazy to offer him that.

This.

I think about everyone gets that, but it's nice to read it again from someone else.

Random thought: Rob must really trust Scott Perry. Gordon is the 3rd former Piston we've brought in who Perry would have known from his Detroit days.

EDIT: Extra random thought. Matt Lloyd was with the Bulls for a long time before he came here. That's 2 of our front office guys who have experience with Gordon.

Yes, I did not expect the market to spike like this. Parsons is looking at 10 a year for 3 years from HOU, and possibly more. I was thinking he could get in at 8mm x 2 to the Magic but Houston has told him that they would give him 10 a year regardless if they get Melo or not.

Thats pretty high IMO. I like Parsons a lot, but that would be overpaying.

Also, the fact that it appears the Magic made that financial decision did not cause me to throw an internet fit because I realize they will have a nice foundation set by next season, and will have a better idea of what holes they need to fill.

Like you, I am starting to get comfortable with the foundation of this team. I do not believe that paying Parsons 10 M a year for 3 years is overpaying because I think he is on the upswing and will continue to improve his game and value, but I also believe that we would have to pay a lot more than that to pry him away from a contending team that he is comfortable with. I guess it was just wishful thinking by both of us.

Parsons is a 3rd banana at best, but it would take high second banana/low first banana money to get him out of Houston. And you'd be crazy to offer him that.

Interesting. Less than a week ago you called him a fourth banana. Why the sudden change of heart!?

So I'm glad I wasted like 20 minutes reading all that hoping to see Patrick Patterson updates.

Catman, any updates on that end?

A writer said he was looking to be a starter, we all had a good laugh, and moved on.

Hoops Hype Canada

Hoops Hype Canada @HoopsHypeCA · 7h

[source] Orlando Magic want Patrick Patterson to be their starter. 25-30 million over 4 years. #NBA

‏@HoopsHypeCA

[source] Orlando have offered Mississauga, ON's Andrew Nicholson in S&T scenarios to Toronto for RFA Patrick Patterson. Magic hard after PP!