Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

houston gonna make a run at melo. i think they can get it done with asik, jones and parsons.

You forgot to include the part about how Morey has incriminating video of Steve Mills murdering a man, or something to that effect.

Houston doesn't even have to give 5 cents on the dollar in that trade.

Everything that Houston has is working for them. They don't need Carmelo.

You forgot to include the part about how Morey has incriminating video of Steve Mills murdering a man, or something to that effect.

Houston doesn't even get 5 cents on the dollar in that trade.

Take out Parsons and that's a good deal (for the Rockets).

I hadn't seen a list of free agents yet on any of the pages, so I thought I'd go ahead and write down the top 25 and other notable ones in my opinion (Source)

Lebron James -- ETO

Carmelo Anthony -- ETO

Dwayne Wade -- ETO

Greg Monroe -- Restricted

Chris Bosh -- ETO

Dirk Nowitzki -- Unrestricted

Tim Duncan -- Player Option

Eric Bledsoe -- Restricted

Luol Deng -- Unrestricted

Gordon Hayward -- Restricted

Zach Randolph -- Player Option

Pau Gasol -- Unrestricted

Lance Stephenson -- Unrestricted

Evan Turner -- Restricted

Rudy Gay -- Player Option

Kyle Lowry -- Unrestricted

Avery Bradley -- Restricted

Shawn Marion -- Unrestricted

Paul Pierce -- Unrestricted

Andrei Kirilenko -- Player Option

Isaiah Thomas -- Restricted

Spencer Hawes -- Unrestricted

Rodney Stuckey -- Unrestricted

Marcin Gortat -- Unrestricted

Danny Granger -- Unrestricted

Other Notables, in my opinion:

Jodie Meeks

Patrick Patterson

Marvin Williams

Jimmer Fredette

Darrell Arthur

Shannon Brown

DJ Augustin (hard to tell about him since his career until Chicago has been disappointing)

Does Henny look to add via free agency? Seems to me he's more interested in drafting and getting young players experience early. Unless there is that young talent that could be acquired fairly easily.

I hadn't seen a list of free agents yet on any of the pages, so I thought I'd go ahead and write down the top 25 and other notable ones in my opinion (Source)

Lebron James -- ETO

Carmelo Anthony -- ETO

Dwayne Wade -- ETO

Greg Monroe -- Restricted

Chris Bosh -- ETO

Dirk Nowitzki -- Unrestricted

Tim Duncan -- Player Option

Eric Bledsoe -- Restricted

Luol Deng -- Unrestricted

Gordon Hayward -- Restricted

Zach Randolph -- Player Option

Pau Gasol -- Unrestricted

Lance Stephenson -- Unrestricted

Evan Turner -- Restricted

Rudy Gay -- Player Option

Kyle Lowry -- Unrestricted

Avery Bradley -- Restricted

Shawn Marion -- Unrestricted

Paul Pierce -- Unrestricted

Andrei Kirilenko -- Player Option

Isaiah Thomas -- Restricted

Spencer Hawes -- Unrestricted

Rodney Stuckey -- Unrestricted

Marcin Gortat -- Unrestricted

Danny Granger -- Unrestricted

Other Notables, in my opinion:

Jodie Meeks

Patrick Patterson

Marvin Williams

Jimmer Fredette

Darrell Arthur

Shannon Brown

DJ Augustin (hard to tell about him since his career until Chicago has been disappointing)

Does Henny look to add via free agency? Seems to me he's more interested in drafting and getting young players experience early. Unless there is that young talent that could be acquired fairly easily.

Lance Stephenson

Darrel Arthur

Kyle Lowry, if we don't draft a pg.

In that order please

Lance? We got Oladipo bro. Lowry can go to a contender.

Yes Lance he is one of the toughest players in the league, and can play small forward. Oladipo and Lance can play together and would be great on defensive. Also both are relentless. Lowry would also be a good addition as I don't believe that Oladipo has the vision needed to be a point guard. Also it would put Jameer on the end of the bench as he should be. I always liked Jameer, but he can not move his feet like he used to and am tired of him pulling up from deep and firing when absolutely no one is under the basket.

Also aren't we supposed to be contenders for a playoff spot next year?

I think so. Another year of stifled play in the name of rebuilding would be hard to pull off if our acquired talent improves like we would expect them to. It doesn't take much to compete for a playoff spot right now. It feels like it won't be long before Mo, Harris, and Oladipo all play consistently well together.

A top 4 pick plus a lotto pick with good scouting will put us in a rather good position for the playoffs imo.

I think so. Another year of stifled play in the name of rebuilding would be hard to pull off if our acquired talent improves like we would expect them to. It doesn't take much to compete for a playoff spot right now. It feels like it won't be long before Mo, Harris, and Oladipo all play consistently well together.

A top 4 pick plus a lotto pick with good scouting will put us in a rather good position for the playoffs imo.

If Harris and Oladipo are coming off the bench next year and getting 25-30 minutes a game. I think my head will explode

It's not so much a problem of minutes for Harris as it is whom he plays with imo. He already averages ~32 which is plenty for a bench player who needs defenders around him for cover. Now, why Oladipo and Nik average the same mpg as Harris despite being starters baffles me. Mo, Nich, and O'quinn have earned more pt as well. Oquinn is making it happen but the other two need to bring some consistency. With these assumptions I don't see any reason why this team as constructed shouldn't be more competitive for the playoffs starting next year; waiting another year would be a mistake imo.