Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

Thought Vucevic and Harris were close to the end of their rookie deals... Ehh if not, by all means...

They're both in year 3 of a 4 year deal. So any extension they sign this coming offseason won't apply to our CAP until the summer of 2015.

I LOVE Parsons and Kenneth Faried but we'd have to overpay to have them.

How about...

JIMMER FREDETTE?

He can't be worse than E'twaun Moore

Yes on Kenneth Faried 100%. I love his game

What would you guys think to signing Greivis Vasquez if we don't draft a PG? The Raptors probably won't want to pay him this offseason and I don't think he'll command too much money on the open market either. He put up 14 points and 9 assists per game in New Orleans and came runner up for MIP before he was traded for Tyreke Evans and Rudy Gay.

EDIT: Not sure why I put this in the trade thread, sorry!

What would you guys think to signing Greivis Vasquez if we don't draft a PG? The Raptors probably won't want to pay him this offseason and I don't think he'll command too much money on the open market either. He put up 14 points and 9 assists per game in New Orleans and came runner up for MIP before he was traded for Tyreke Evans and Rudy Gay.

He's a solid player but I'm worried about his age. I think we should just draft a PG with our 2nd pick

I am not a fan. He does not play defense.

I am not a fan. He does not play defense.

I'd consider this a valid point if you didnt have Jabari Parker as you're number 1 prospect in this draft. Jabari is a Harden-esque defensive player.

I'd consider this a valid point if you didnt have Jabari Parker as you're number 1 prospect in this draft. Jabari is a Harden-esque defensive player.

I agree about the defense but jabari is a monster scorer and allstar talent. Greivis Vasquez is a great passer but not much else. There is a difference between Carmelo Anthony type and Vasquez. A great go to scorer can impact the game like nash and derk. I dont see vasquez impacting the game at a high level on offense and his defense is to much of an issue.

the contract difference has already been mentioned.

This article has a snippet linking us to wanting a shot at Luol Deng this summer. NY Daily News Link

We’re surprised the Cavs did not move Luol Deng. He’ll be gone on July 1, no later than a minute past midnight, and despite an Achilles injury that prevents him from practicing on most days, he’ll be high on everyone’s free-agent list. The Mavs, Lakers, Celtics, Magic and Charlotte are all interested. Why not stay in Cleveland? Kyrie Irving doesn’t make players around him better and Dion Waiters is a me-first player.

Not sure how legitimate the interest is. I like Deng, but I'm not sure how much money we would/should give up to land him in free agency, or if he would have any interest in us at all.

I'd like to see us draft Parker and Ennis with our lotto picks. I was really impressed with Ennis last night. I'd also like to dump Meer salary and pickup Deng. Dipo AA Deng Parker Vuc would be a nice starting 5 to compete for the playoffs next season. Our perimeter D would help out Vuc and Parker/Harris. Ennis Lamb Harkelss Harris Nicholson and KOQ coming off the bench mixing and matching with the starters would make us dangerous next season. At the deadline we can dump AA for more assets or let him walk if he opts out and then bring a max player in.