Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

Couldn't be less excited about those names as well

Yea me either (except maybe Livingston, I like him), I never really expected us to sign any big names but none of those guys really seem to fit with the rest of the roster either.

Monroe could be a great acquisition, if he doesn't command max. salary.

He'll command at least 10+ mil, he's an RFA so it'll probably take something big to stop Pistons from matching. Plus he's more of a center than a PF to me and we already have Vuc.

He'll command at least 10+ mil, he's an RFA so it'll probably take something big to stop Pistons from matching. Plus he's more of a center than a PF to me and we already have Vuc.

I would think of that as another version of what Portland runs with.

Monroe/Vuc

Aldridge/Lopez

I'm struggling to understand why you guys want to commit money to anyone right now. We need to see what we have first with these pieces and then grab a Free Agent to fill the holes. Imagine if we went out and paid Bledsoe and then season starts and Payton is incredible from day 1 that would be pretty stupid if you ask me. We have 5 solid starters right now at every position in Payton, Oladipo, Harris, Gordon, and Vucevic. If one of them end up not fulfilling their potential then you grab some free agents to help. Unless their low money back up guys (Willie Green) I don't want them or think we need them now.

I'm struggling to understand why you guys want to commit money to anyone right now. We need to see what we have first with these pieces and then grab a Free Agent to fill the holes. Imagine if we went out and paid Bledsoe and then season starts and Payton is incredible from day 1 that would be pretty stupid if you ask me. We have 5 solid starters right now at every position in Payton, Oladipo, Harris, Gordon, and Vucevic. If one of them end up not fulfilling their potential then you grab some free agents to help. Unless their low money back up guys (Willie Green) I don't want them or think we need them now.

I think we all can agree getting bledsoe isn't really high for the Magic. We need a couple shooters than can spread the floor. We have yet to see Fournier he could be a steal. I think the biggest thing we need to see this year is consistent basketball when they're in the game. Its easier said than done but 10-15 minutes and 8 points 2 boards would be legit.

In the end we're not going anywhere just yet, might sneak in at 7-8 seed but for what? Upper Management will be smart just like last year and we will be just fine.

Yeah I don't see why people are so bent on signing someone this year who really aren't going to elevate us that high anyways. If Bledsoe wants to sign here for a decent salary, then yeah but other then that, getting frustrated on role players or bench players is not worth it. I say keep our eyes on the big prize which is Durant or some sort of trade throughout the year.

Yeah I don't see why people are so bent on signing someone this year who really aren't going to elevate us that high anyways. If Bledsoe wants to sign here for a decent salary, then yeah but other then that, getting frustrated on role players or bench players is not worth it. I say keep our eyes on the big prize which is Durant or some sort of trade throughout the year.

That't not the goal. The goal isn't to wait till there is a big free agent and lure him here because we'd be fighting against 29 other teams and Orlando is a relatively small market. The point is to build from the ground up. We have a relatively solid core but we still need major contributing pieces, including a go-to offensive guy.

Also the notion of not signing till we see our players play is ridiculous. Yes, let's not sign anyone and then when we need to fill in holes the only players left are Greg Oden and a retired Shane Battier. No, you need to pursue players now. Especially players like Parsons, Monroe, and Bledsoe who have all proven that they can compete at very high levels in the NBA which is something the majority of our current roster has not proven.

• Upvote 2

That't not the goal. The goal isn't to wait till there is a big free agent and lure him here because we'd be fighting against 29 other teams and Orlando is a relatively small market. The point is to build from the ground up. We have a relatively solid core but we still need major contributing pieces, including a go-to offensive guy.

Also the notion of not signing till we see our players play is ridiculous. Yes, let's not sign anyone and then when we need to fill in holes the only players left are Greg Oden and a retired Shane Battier. No, you need to pursue players now. Especially players like Parsons, Monroe, and Bledsoe who have all proven that they can compete at very high levels in the NBA which is something the majority of our current roster has not proven.

Small market didn't stop from Tmac/GHill signing here. We're still known internationally and we'll always be known. People across the globe come to Orlando just to visit and we're growing.

A go to offensive guy? How would you define that? Chandler Parsons? Who "NOW" do you see to be that player that's attainable?

Also signing good young players to decent contracts will allow us the ability to make sign and trade deals when KD is available yet remain competitive in the meantime. Especially since there's no guarantee KD is coming.

Steve Kyler ✔ @stevekylerNBA

For those of you wonder what Orlando was stock piling cash for... they plan to make a run at Greg Monroe in free agency.

I think its highly unlikely we'll get Durant maybe parsons