Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

Collison is weird. He looks great on a Chris Paul team (even when he started for Paul while he was injured). He's been terrible everywhere else.

You're right and I was thinking the same thing. It's like he feeds off Chris Paul's game.

Could equate to an op-out and resign for more longer term at less money per year.

I love what Jameer has done for this team and city, but god I'm so ready to move on from him. I will only be happy with him on this team if he's playing 15-18 minutes a night and making the vet min.

I think the vet minimum is a little disrespectful right now. Jameer would be a pretty good back up guard, certainly as good (or at least worth near as much) as Mo Williams ($2.6 million last year), Jarret Jack ($6.3 million last year and for the foreseeable future), Andre Miller ($5 million last year and similar in next 2) and Luke Ridnour ($4.3 million last year). I'd be happy to give him about $3.5 mil a year for a couple more years as long as it was made clear he would no longer be a starter or a featured player in the offense.

I think the vet minimum is a little disrespectful right now. Jameer would be a pretty good back up guard, certainly as good (or at least worth near as much) as Mo Williams ($2.6 million last year), Jarret Jack ($6.3 million last year and for the foreseeable future), Andre Miller ($5 million last year and similar in next 2) and Luke Ridnour ($4.3 million last year). I'd be happy to give him about $3.5 mil a year for a couple more years as long as it was made clear he would no longer be a starter or a featured player in the offense.

Agreed. VC made about 3 mil per in the last few years and he's like 37

Toronto Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri spoke with the local media on Monday ahead of Thursday's NBA draft and one of the topics was Kyle Lowry's pending free agency.

“We’re going full force after Kyle Lowry and if there’s a talented point guard in the draft we know that it’s going to be tough to come and contribute to where our team is off the bat, but we’ll go for talent in the draft, but Kyle Lowry is our target and we’ll try to get that done,” Ujiri told the Toronto Sun.

Lowry is expected to re-sign with the Raptors, however there will be teams calling his agent early in July. According to NBA.com's David Aldridge, the Los Angeles Lakers could be at the top of the list. In addition to the Lakers, Lowry could draw interest from Sacramento, Miami, Indiana and Orlando.

Up until the end of December it was assumed Lowry could be traded, but after the team took off all the scuttlebutt changed to the starting point guard staying in Toronto long-term. He might be able to get an annual salary averaging $10 million from the Raptors.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=27540

Lebron will be will be leaving.. Where to I have no idea.

Out of the big 3 I see Wade staying, he is like Jameer in my eyes. Has been a heat player since day 1 and will retire and go into the FO once his career is over. The biggest decision I think is with Bosh, right now he is the 2nd highest paid Center in the League, there is no way he opts out to take less $ and bring in Melo who also plays that PF position. I think its fair to say Bosh is more of a PF than C, but due to the heat's roster he has to slide over to C all the time. Bosh is 30 years old so his days are numbered and we all know Wade is teetering on the cliff of irrelevance. If Bosh does opt out he won't stay in Miami he will try to go get a 5-6 year max deal with a player option on last year and ride off into the rain Forrest looking for more Pterodactyl's to play with

What the hell at Lebron? I thought for sure that Lebron will opt in...

Why would Lebron opt out for?

Why wouldn't he? He can sign a longer contract with the heat and pressure them to use their exceptions on other free agents.

What the hell at Lebron? I thought for sure that Lebron will opt in...

Why would Lebron opt out for?

To take less money and stay with the Heat

jorlol.gif