Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

The thought of David Lee on the Magic just makes me want to throw up everywhere.

I refuse to believe there are any truths to that rumor. If goes against everything we have done the past 2 seasons.

I learned on NBA2k that a team that hasn't won over 25 games the past 2 years definitely doesn't have room in the back court for any new players because the personnel they already have in place is obviously getting the job done. There is not 1 free agent PG or SG that I feel that the magic should go after in free agency, we are set with Oladipo/Nelson/Lamb/Moore, that's the perfect 2k back court.

The concept continues to surpass you

• Upvote 1

I think the point is there isn't a single free agent guard that would be worth the money they'll fetch, to make us marginally better short term.

The concept continues to surpass you

How did Penn State do this year? The concept of a horrible college football program sure does not surpass me.

I think the point is there isn't a single free agent guard that would be worth the money they'll fetch, to make us marginally better short term.

If that's the case I can get with this. Finally someone says something constructive about the free agents, thanks Steve0. It would make sense to see what we do in the draft this year then hit the free agents next year because by then we will for sure know what we do or do not have.

How did Penn State do this year? The concept of a horrible college football program sure does not surpass me.

Lol your response to everything is to deflect. You're a terrible poster.

• Upvote 2

I love it too. But I don't really see some dominate back court we have to where we have no room for a guy like Lance, but maybe there is some all star on the team I'm not aware of.

If we went "all in" for Lance, we still wouldn't have an allstar on the team. You might be able to contend for a championship with Lance Stephenson as your third best player on the team. Maybe. You don't pay out a max contract (or something along those lines, who knows what he will actually get) for a 3rd tier guy when we don't currently have a first tier guy on the roster.

If we went "all in" for Lance, we still wouldn't have an allstar on the team. You might be able to contend for a championship with Lance Stephenson as your third best player on the team. Maybe. You don't pay out a max contract (or something along those lines, who knows what he will actually get) for a 3rd tier guy when we don't currently have a first tier guy on the roster.

Exactly. Though it is so so easy to separate groups of posters on here. There is a group of "posters" that want every player where a rumor comes up, Stephensen, Lee, Love etc... No sense posters.

I think Lance has a lot of upside but he isn't the guy to build your team around. He's a guy that you add to your team when you are already a first/second round contender and want to make a deep playoff push.

Right now, we aren't at that level yet and his skills can't provide us what we need at the moment for the amount of money we'd have to spend to keep him out of some other teams hands.

Lance is a luxury type player in my opinion. He's flashy and he puts up eye catching numbers but he hurts the Pacers in a lot of ways as well.

I think Lance has a lot of upside but he isn't the guy to build your team around. He's a guy that you add to your team when you are already a first/second round contender and want to make a deep playoff push.

Right now, we aren't at that level yet and his skills can't provide us what we need at the moment for the amount of money we'd have to spend to keep him out of some other teams hands.

Good explanation and points made. I would not want to build a team around Lance, I think he is just a p solid piece.

With all this talk and people guessing...I think Hennigan will do a great job of getting what we need....PF and G I like Meer a lot and Affelo BUT they are great trade bait!...I would hate to see meer leave but we need to better this team!! Maybe even trading his 12th pick???? We need a serious player and we could have an awesome team!!!....ps I'm not a Newbie!! just a new log on!