Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

I think the deal could make sense for them. Nelson behind Walker, and perhaps Afflalo starting at SG or SF, depending on whether or not they can afford to grab a SF like Deng as well. The problem with this would be what we could get in return?

Their first round pick is #24, which could get us a useful player. Not sure what talent they'd likely try to send our way, but it could be MKG, Zeller or Biyombo - none of whom are upgrades on our existing players. I suppose an intriguing possibility could be #24 and Gerald Henderson, who could turn into a decent sixth man. But overall I'm not sure what Afflalo and Nelson's return would be, and what the Bobcats could offer us.

I wouldn't want their 24th. To me I do not think that pick will have great value this year. Would much prefer to try and get a real early 2nd rounder.

Also agree that they really do not have anything that improves our team.

I wouldn't want there 24th. To me I do not think that pick will have great value this year. Would much prefer to try and get a real early 2nd rounder.

Maybe I am not reading this correctly. You'd prefer to have a worse pick?

Maybe I am not reading this correctly. You'd prefer to have a worse pick?

I actually get that - the dropoff talent wise from 24 to 31 might not be much, but #24 gets a guaranteed salary and #31 doesn't.

I actually get that - the dropoff talent wise from 24 to 31 might not be much, but #24 gets a guaranteed salary and #31 doesn't.

Yep, got it. You can go for a higher reward player to draft with significantly less risk with an early 2nd rounder compared to a late 1st rounder.

I still think Patty Mills is a major sleeper for us as a FA.

I'd take him for the right price (and assuming Jameer is gone), he's a capable back up.

I wouldn't want their 24th. To me I do not think that pick will have great value this year. Would much prefer to try and get a real early 2nd rounder.

Also agree that they really do not have anything that improves our team.

Last nights action might have made things interesting. They now have two first round picks #9 and #24, plus a second round pick. I wonder if they'll look to grab a rookie and use their cap space for another big name free agent, or whether they'd be interested in a deal with us involving Afflalo + whatever for #9 + whatever?

2 australian PGs? Why not :)/>

Interesting point I never thought about, they probably know each other and they'll play together this summer in the Fiba world cup.

Interesting point I never thought about, they probably know each other and they'll play together this summer in the Fiba world cup.

I do not think they would know each other that well just because of Paddy's rigors of his NBA schedule. I am sure Paddy would take Exum under his wing though as he is an excellent team mate, and I am really excited for the Boomers to have both of these players play together, they complement each other that much!

I do not think they would know each other that well just because of Paddy's rigors of his NBA schedule. I am sure Paddy would take Exum under his wing though as he is an excellent team mate, and I am really excited for the Boomers to have both of these players play together, they complement each other that much!

PADDY? LOL