Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

shedding REPLACABLE people and only IF they get those assets

but I do not agree that anyone is "imploding"

so I don't understand what there is to necessarily laugh at. dasallibesayin

You dont find it somewhat entertaining to see a Cleveland team gain a star, make trades for star, star leaves team in shambles. Cleveland team gains another star, adds pieces of younger talent, gains another star, and now is looking at the possible chance to get their original star back... but at the cost of their young talent they just got.

Not to mention there is New York... the Mecca of basketball... blah, blah, blah. Traded their team away for Melo, only to fail with Melo and even miss the playoffs. Now NY is doing anything possible just to "try" and keep a guy they traded a team for.

Then Miami, who is being analyzed on what they need if they keep the "Big 3" together, talks of possible players being named here and there.... only to see those names being signed in other places. And now the chance is strong around the Big 3, down sizing to become the "Big 1/2" (Wade is so busted he is only half of what he was). Miami's biggest signings thus far is Josh McRoberts and Danny Granger, thats a far cry from Bosh and James.

Lets go to L.A. where Kobe takes daily flights to get players to come to LA, where they are not expected to win a championship any time soon... Just like those good ole Van Exel years.

In my opinion there is plenty to chuckle about. But then again, I keep a light perspective on everything... I laugh a lot.

While the years are still bad...Frye had has many winshares as Afflalo last season!

I have no problem with the Frye signing.... I was surprised by the 4 year contract, but I guess they had to do it or he would have signed elsewhere.... He gives us a guy that will fit well with the lineup without taking up huge minutes and letting Gordon develop in his 1st 2 years..... It's not a bad signing, but I'm surprised he commanded 8 Mil per year.....

You dont find it somewhat entertaining to see a Cleveland team gain a star, make trades for star, star leaves team in shambles. Cleveland team gains another star, adds pieces of younger talent, gains another star, and now is looking at the possible chance to get their original star back... but at the cost of their young talent they just got.

Not to mention there is New York... the Mecca of basketball... blah, blah, blah. Traded their team away for Melo, only to fail with Melo and even miss the playoffs. Now NY is doing anything possible just to "try" and keep a guy they traded a team for.

Then Miami, who is being analyzed on what they need if they keep the "Big 3" together, talks of possible players being named here and there.... only to see those names being signed in other places. And now the chance is strong around the Big 3, down sizing to become the "Big 1/2" (Wade is so busted he is only half of what he was). Miami's biggest signings thus far is Josh McRoberts and Danny Granger, thats a far cry from Bosh and James.

Lets go to L.A. where Kobe takes daily flights to get players to come to LA, where they are not expected to win a championship any time soon... Just like those good ole Van Exel years.

In my opinion there is plenty to chuckle about. But then again, I keep a light perspective on everything... I laugh a lot.

If Cleveland can get a solid 5 to rebound and play defense then i don't see why Bron wouldn't look seriously at their offer.... Bosh is gonna bolt to Houston if he isn't a complete idiot..... Miami's big 3 is DONE........ Cleveland offers a Very good place for James to land.... A young team with a load of really nice young talent.... Can you imagine how well K. Irving and James could make Wiggins look in his rookie season....

Seeing Riles bring every player from the nba and world over is just too much fun.... Miami's gonna suck........... lol

ok, as far as Cleveland I don't laugh at them. that's depressing. what do you mean giving up young talent? They get to keep the 2 that really matter. I mean as soon as kyrie got resigned, Dion was on his way out anyway.

ny, I understand where you're going with the history but they have a good chance at hitting the lottery and having plenty of cash for free agency. they are going to be pretty sad. although I do take joy in any frowns on any ny area fans... like.. I'm sure I might even enjoy redbull fans sadness if I tried... still they have magic management now that seems to just make things

same goes for la. every time I think they're boned, they come up with something. basically I don't want to laugh and then wake up to melo, love and kobe on the same team. cus, well... who knows...

I just don't think any of these teams, especially not the bulls like you had mentioned, are imploding by dumping a couple replacable assets for someone who scores at will. (granted at a large percentage. but he, again has always played with "meh" teams)

miami, like I told miller, super implosion. the ego it took to say they were going to sign tat and lowry is just laker level ego/homerism. that is absolutely the birth place of yucks right now. much lolz such implosion. wow

If Cleveland can get a solid 5 to rebound and play defense then i don't see why Bron wouldn't look seriously at their offer.... Bosh is gonna bolt to Houston if he isn't a complete idiot..... Miami's big 3 is DONE........ Cleveland offers a Very good place for James to land.... A young team with a load of really nice young talent.... Can you imagine how well K. Irving and James could make Wiggins look in his rookie season....

They (Irving and James) can make Wiggins look real good for his first year. But will the Lebron offense work and not hinder Wiggins progression. And who will they add to replace what they give up.

Some might think this will be a mini 3, but it's unlikely since Irving hasn't accomplished much and Wiggins is fresher than a breath of air.

If James chooses Cleveland, then we might need to run when Dwight wants to return.

They (Irving and James) can make Wiggins look real good for his first year. But will the Lebron offense work and not hinder Wiggins progression. And who will they add to replace what they give up.

Some might think this will be a mini 3, but it's unlikely since Irving hasn't accomplished much and Wiggins is fresher than a breath of air.

If James chooses Cleveland, then we might need to run when Dwight wants to return.

How would it hinder Wiggins? The one superstar in the league that likes helping more than scoring is on your team. The main guy they are giving up is waiters, who was going to be gone regardless because he doesn't get along with Kyrie. Who has just signed to a fat contract aaaaannnddd Cleveland has already stated as of a week ago that they see Wiggins as a 2 more than a 3. This thing is lathered up and ready for Lebron to just come down and run the team as the supreme alpha dog over there. Literally, with LeBron and Kyrie taking so much of the teams defense that Wiggins will likely explode on any given night not playing the top 4 teams in the east. Irving hasn't accomplished much... in Cleveland. What do you want the guy to do? Be LeBron? He is arguably the fourth best shooter in the league behind Durant, Melo, and Curry. I don't care if Wiggins was in middle school last year. If Melo leaves NY there are about 15 teams he can score 25 points against in his rookie season. I'd sacrifice the remaining Stark children for a lineup like that for the magic.

• Upvote 2

ok, as far as Cleveland I don't laugh at them. that's depressing. what do you mean giving up young talent? They get to keep the 2 that really matter. I mean as soon as kyrie got resigned, Dion was on his way out anyway.

ny, I understand where you're going with the history but they have a good chance at hitting the lottery and having plenty of cash for free agency. they are going to be pretty sad. although I do take joy in any frowns on any ny area fans... like.. I'm sure I might even enjoy redbull fans sadness if I tried... still they have magic management now that seems to just make things

same goes for la. every time I think they're boned, they come up with something. basically I don't want to laugh and then wake up to melo, love and kobe on the same team. cus, well... who knows...

I just don't think any of these teams, especially not the bulls like you had mentioned, are imploding by dumping a couple replacable assets for someone who scores at will. (granted at a large percentage. but he, again has always played with "meh" teams)

miami, like I told miller, super implosion. the ego it took to say they were going to sign tat and lowry is just laker level ego/homerism. that is absolutely the birth place of yucks right now. much lolz such implosion. wow

Actually Irving has accomplished quite a bit.... He's a top PG in the league... He's won the MVP in the all star game... What he's missed in the regular season is real talent around him.... Give him James at the 3 and Wiggins at the 2 along with Bennett who I actually thyink will rebound from a flop Rok season with real players around him and They have a real team... Would you rather see him re-sign with Miami who brings in a bunch of geriatric MF's on the wrong side of 35...????