Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher 26m

Ws could've dealt HBarnes to Orl for Arron Afflalo + future 1st, source says. Passed. AA would've eased losing Klay in KLove deal.

Glad they passed

Glad they passed

Why?

Harrison Barnes was the 7th pick in 2012. He's a talented kid, but stuck on a team that can't give him major minutes or a larger role. He showed what he could do in the play offs in 2013 when given more minutes, his production shot up to 16 ppg which for a rookie is impressive. I think he would have been a good addition to this team, and would have been an upgrade as the starting SF.

The first round pick would also be a useful asset in future packages if the team wants to trade up, or trade for a player.

Overall the deal is better than what we got.

Why?

Harrison Barnes was the 7th pick in 2012. He's a talented kid, but stuck on a team that can't give him major minutes or a larger role. He showed what he could do in the play offs in 2013 when given more minutes, his production shot up to 16 ppg which for a rookie is impressive. I think he would have been a good addition to this team, and would have been an upgrade as the starting SF.

The first round pick would also be a useful asset in future packages if the team wants to trade up, or trade for a player.

Not a fan of the guy

Why?

He got a very favorable matchup in that playoff series. Did you see him play last season? he sucked.

furthermore, you are misreading. We would have to give up Afflalo+1st.

Further furthermore, this is from Ric Bucher.

He got a very favorable matchup in that playoff series. Did you see him play last season? he sucked.

furthermore, you are misreading. We would have to give up Afflalo+1st.

Further furthermore, this is from Ric Bucher.

So I did. Not so much a favorable deal giving up a first as well. In that case I'd probably say glad we passed as well. But Barnes is a talented kid, all he needs is to be on a team that can give him the mins to develop.

Not a fan of the guy

The first round pick would have been an upgrade over the second round pick we actually received.

Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher 26m

Ws could've dealt HBarnes to Orl for Arron Afflalo + future 1st, source says. Passed. AA would've eased losing Klay in KLove deal.

I would have loved h barnes. AA and a 1st would have been a lot but I think he was worth a highly protected 1st and aaron. he was a player I was personally targetting for us to get.

The first round pick would have been an upgrade over the second round pick we actually received.

Giving up a first is better than receiving a second?

Giving up a first is better than receiving a second?

Oh, I totally read that wrong.

Ric Bucher is the most unreliable reporter in the business, I wouldn't take anything he says seriously. On draft night he reported the Heat were going to get Kyle Lowry in a S&T deal and apologized the next day for being so wrong.

Broussard

Cleveland has replaced Miami as my frontrunner to land LeBron James...

Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard

I'm not saying LJ to Cavs is done deal or I know 4 a fact; just my gut feeling based on many conversations I've had around this story...

Broussard

These convos aren't sourced enough 4 me to report as fact. But I've heard enough to believe "the wind is blowing" LJ back home. We'll see...

Broussard

Cleveland has replaced Miami as my frontrunner to land LeBron James...

Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard

I'm not saying LJ to Cavs is done deal or I know 4 a fact; just my gut feeling based on many conversations I've had around this story...

Broussard

These convos aren't sourced enough 4 me to report as fact. But I've heard enough to believe "the wind is blowing" LJ back home. We'll see...

I still just don't believe he'd go back to Cleveland. Kyrie and LeBron would be dirty together though.