Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

Which free agent not named LeBron James is the closest thing to a slam dunk signing?

Pelton: Chandler Parsons. Not yet 26, Parsons hasn't quite reached his peak, and his skill set lends itself to value in a complementary role. As long as some team doesn't acquire Parsons to be the guy, he's a safe bet over the next four years.

Who's talking about max contracts here? Who has said they want to give Parson's one?

Players of equal value to Parson's will continue to get exactly what he will this offseason, you'll see.

Parsons is a far superior 3pt shooter btw, Harris has a career 28 percent mark, Parsons is at 37 percent. That alone changes the type of player they are. Parson's is also much better at getting his teammates involved.

Easy to say when he has vastly better teammates. There are very few players on the market who are any better than Parson's, he will get considerably more than his actual value. He's worth $8-10M, he'll probably get $12-14M. So about Gordon Hayward? 4th time a charm?

From Zach Lowe....

The number of teams with cap space and a glaring need for a starting point guard is pretty small. Orlando wasn’t going to splurge on Lowry, and the Magic aren’t an attractive destination right now for a dude who enjoyed being an alpha dog for a playoff team. Detroit and Milwaukee have incumbent Brandons (Jennings and Knight) at point guard, and only the Pistons so far seem ready to chase replacements in free agency — and their focus appears to be on Isaiah Thomas.

Question.....Are we seriously gonna start Payton this year ???

http://grantland.com...-tough-choices/

I'd rather start Payton than pay Collison $16M.

The Kings will sign Darren Collison to a three-year, $16MM deal, reports Broderick Turner of the Los Angeles Times (Twitter link). It’s a fully guaranteed deal, Turner adds (onTwitter). Jorge Sierra of HoopsHype first reported that the sides were engaging in talks (Twitter link).

Which free agent not named LeBron James is the closest thing to a slam dunk signing?

Pelton: Chandler Parsons. Not yet 26, Parsons hasn't quite reached his peak, and his skill set lends itself to value in a complementary role. As long as some team doesn't acquire Parsons to be the guy, he's a safe bet over the next four years.

Yet a small few think giving him "the guy" money will automatically make him "the guy". Screw that. I rather have a shot at landing 'the guy'.

Show me where I said I wanted to overpay him. Show me right now.

I said I liked him as long as we don't have to overpay him. Your irrationality is growing and you need to take a step back and get your facts straight.

Durant just came out and supported Lebron's decision to opt out and said it's a process every free agent should do. Now, Henny who was part of the organization that drafted KD hears that but ignores it and decides to OVERPAY Parson's and loses the opportunity to see if KD does in fact opt out, IS PISSING YOUR CAP SPACE AWAY!

You never answered my question. How many more wins do you feel OVERPAYING Parsons would provide? That's what we're talking about here right? Wins?

He does this quite often.

Yet a small few think giving him "the guy" money will automatically make him "the guy". Screw that. I rather have a shot at landing 'the guy'.

I don't even pretend to be a GM but with the youth on this team I can't see ant name player wanting to come here....We're gonna stink again this year.

It's not overpaying if equal talent will continue to get those same offers later on. People need to understand that this is what the league has become, you aren't going to get a guy like Parsons, or Batum, or any guy in that tier unless you're willing to pay. The term overpay is overused.

No because if you're adding a parsons at 12-15 mil and expect him to be the holy grail and build around him then its overpaying him. If you want him to come in be a consistent shooter and be a COMPLEMENTARY player to other players or 1 star then 12-15 mil might not be that bad. However the Magic need more than a complimentary player and a shooter. So why throw away the Cap Space for 10 more wins?

I'm willing to bet Jameer could still get 6 million dollars a year if he wanted to the way this free agent period is going. He might take less for a legit contender though.

I don't even pretend to be a GM but with the youth on this team I can't see ant name player wanting to come here....We're gonna stink again this year.

How many star players were signed as FAs to the Spurs or Thunder? Henny's primary goal is to develop a championship team… not attract one.

Man, reading these posts makes me cringe. I'm glad half of you are not GM's. What Hennigan has done and continues to do is nothing short of spectacular. I'm excited that we have a bright future with young talent, cap space, and tons of flexibility. Happy that the regime of Otis Smith is done.

It's not overpaying if equal talent will continue to get those same offers later on. People need to understand that this is what the league has become, you aren't going to get a guy like Parsons, or Batum, or any guy in that tier unless you're willing to pay. The term overpay is overused.

Still didn't answer my question.

Yeah the rest of the league does that and you know what? Only one team wins the championship. Not the league. The rest try to figure out where they went wrong. Your thought process puts us on path with the rest. Not that one.

Look, we'll agree to disagree and see what happens. I'm just glad Henny doesn't have your thought process. I want to win ships not win whatever FA is available. I want "THE GUY" not sign a 3rd option player to "THE GUY" money.

How many star players were signed as FAs to the Spurs or Thunder? Our primary goal is to develop a championship team… not attract one.

At this pace isn't it gonna take a while longer then the general public is willing to wait for ???