Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

That is the report on this guy Davis....thus the question as to why would they not extend him!

I also think Memphis also has Pau Gasol on the brain as well! There is a lot of chatter about playing with his brother again!

I see Pau going to the Thunder, better chance of winning a championship than the Grizzles

I see Pau going to the Thunder, better chance of winning a championship than the Grizzles

Possible, I can see that as a plus for OKC, but they would need to move Mr. Happy Perkins first.

Possible, I can see that as a plus for OKC, but they would need to move Mr. Happy Perkins first.

Maybe they'll move him with some assets to create space? We could even take him for some picks/prospects.

Maybe they'll move him with some assets to create space? We could even take him for some picks/prospects.

I also gave that some thought, but I don't see Henny pulling the trigger, just because Perkins can also be a cancer in the locker room when he is not getting his mpg!

Now on the flip side, I would love for him to mentor Hark for a season, just to give the kid (Harkless) what Pop gave to Lenard in San Antonio!!!! Can you picture Hark with an Perkins like mean streak? Whoa!!

smile_gortatmad.pngsmile_gortatmad.pngsmile_gortatmad.pngsmile_gortatmad.png

There's no way we cut Jameer and sign Luol Deng or any other old bastard, unless it's after our business is done and it's for the vet minimum. We're going young in case it hasn't already become painfully obvious.

Yep gotta bring in a couple vets to fill out the bench. Hope Willie can find a nice comfy seat towards the end of the bench. Ideally he doesn't put on 25 pounds of fat during the year like Maxiell did.

Can't they just amnesty him?

Well now that we have cut bait with all the old vets on the team and have nothing but young talent to grow. I can only wonder if this years young team is going to be worse than last years record wise. My guess is yes. Not long term but short term I cant see where we have either the skill or the experience developed enough to be any better. I hope we can make a significant free agent add this year to bolster the team with a scorer but I dont see it. It will be nice to see the minutes given to the guys who need it to develop but Ive got a feeling its going to be another long year record wise.

Well now that we have cut bait with all the old vets on the team and have nothing but young talent to grow. I can only wonder if this years young team is going to be worse than last years record wise. My guess is yes. Not long term but short term I cant see where we have either the skill or the experience developed enough to be any better. I hope we can make a significant free agent add this year to bolster the team with a scorer but I dont see it. It will be nice to see the minutes given to the guys who need it to develop but Ive got a feeling its going to be another long year record wise.

Guess we'll just have to wait until the final roster is settled before any conclusions can be drawn. But, right now, the thought of another season of a crap record is not anything to get real excited about.

Via Marc Stein

And the Orlando Magic are another team said to possess Greg Monroe interest

Nope. We're just another team that has the cap room to go after Monroe. These guys know nothing, what has to happen in order for us to stop believing anything these jackholes say?

• Upvote 1