Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

We could use pieces from the Thunder but I don't see Charlotte being anything worth it besides picks and even then would Detroit's pick even be top 10?

as it stands Detroit are picking 8th

b2032025ame='Jay Magic' timestamp='1398833782' post='978575']

as it stands Detroit are picking 8th

The pick the Pistons owe the Cats is top 8 protected meaning if a team from 9-14 jumps into the top 3 the Pistons pick gets pushed to 9th and then belongs to the Cats.

I thought the lotto does first 10 teams and I did not think Detroit would be one of them

The lottery decides the 1st 3 picks only.

The lottery decides the 1st 3 picks only.

Yes, but it involves all 14 lotto teams, which is the important part. For example, if Denver were somehow able to get a top 3 pick this year in the lotto, then the Hornets get the 9th pick and we get the 11th pick.

I could totally see MJ trade the 9th pick for AA.

Yes, but it involves all 14 lotto teams, which is the important part. For example, if Denver were somehow able to get a top 3 pick this year in the lotto, then the Hornets get the 9th pick and we get the 11th pick.

I'll take number 1-3, 9 and 11 in this draft all day LOL

Can you imagine!

It should be noted that if a team did jump over Detroit into the top 3 that decreases our own chances of being top 3. I'd rather have 3 and 12 then 5, 9 and 11 honestly, the talent gap between 9 and 12 is really not that big but the talent gap between the top 4 and 5-7 could be the difference between championship contender and middling playoff team.

I find myself doubting the Charlotte rumor. Marc Stein wrote:

The rumbles have already begun that two players Clifford is said to regard with real fondness after working with them in Orlando as an assistant -- swingman Arron Afflalo and backup point guard Jameer Nelson -- will be among the Bobcats' trade targets.

Clifford never worked with Arron Afflalo. He was an assistant with the Lakers after we fired Stan Van Gundy. Also it is not often that you see trades made between teams in the same division. On top of this, Jameer and Arron are our only veterans on the team. Rob has over and over talked about how you need a balance of youth talent and veteran leadership. Why then would we trade both our veterans away?

I find myself doubting the Charlotte rumor. Marc Stein wrote:

Clifford never worked with Arron Afflalo. He was an assistant with the Lakers after we fired Stan Van Gundy. Also it is not often that you see trades made between teams in the same division. On top of this, Jameer and Arron are our only veterans on the team. Rob has over and over talked about how you need a balance of youth talent and veteran leadership. Why then would we trade both our veterans away?

It could be posturing for another deal. Light a fire to show interest in the face of another deal.

How would we move up to #11 with our second pick?