Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

2013 - 2014 Regular Season Thread

Honestly, I think he could put up good numbers on a team who doesn't really value defense. He hasn't really gotten the consistent playing time (because of his defense) to further develop as a player. Regardless, he seems to be a very bright, classy guy. I wish him the best.

It sure looks like our second round pick that year was our best one,

It sure looks like our second round pick that year was our best one,

Absolutely. That's the benefit of actually having good scouting. Value-wise, not many better players were available when we picked Drew. He just didn't really pan-out like we hoped.

Absolutely. That's the benefit of actually having good scouting. Value-wise, not many better players were available when we picked Drew. He just didn't really pan-out like we hoped.

Jared Sullinger?

and he only dropped because of potential injury issues.

Jared Sullinger?

and he only dropped because of potential injury issues.

The two were pretty much even when they were drafted. Sullinger stuck because he turned out to be a pretty good rebounder, and Nicholson just never really got going. I actually specifically remember many on this site projecting him to be a smaller version of Big Baby (which I still don't think is totally far off).

You can almost always find someone in a draft that you might have missed on. All I'm saying is that Nicholson looked like a better player when a decision had to be made.

I never really liked the Nicholson pick, but it wasn't like we were picking between potential All Stars and Hennigan took over the team like a week before the draft. He's got some game offensively but his lack of defense and rebounding will always keep him off the floor.

I never really liked the Nicholson pick, but it wasn't like we were picking between potential All Stars and Hennigan took over the team like a week before the draft. He's got some game offensively but his lack of defense and rebounding will always keep him off the floor.

Terrance Jones was the pick before Nicholson. Sure wish Houston would've passed on him.

Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins 9m

The Magic will not sign Adonis Thomas for the remainder of the season.

The Magic will sign Dewayne Dedmon for the remainder of the season.

Interesting. We needed to sign one to have 13 players on the roster. Wonder if we'll sign another couple of 10day guys to fill the last spots.

Interesting. We needed to sign one to have 13 players on the roster. Wonder if we'll sign another couple of 10day guys to fill the last spots.

Doubt it

Sometimes, the forums are so deserted that it feels like we don't have a team.

Sometimes, the forums are so deserted that it feels like we don't have a team.

We are currently like 19-48 and you can only talk about the draft so much until it actually happens.