Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

2013 - 2014 Regular Season Thread

barnettej, I can relate to the overall frustration. However, I disagree with this statement:

The minutes have been so sporadic that its beyond making any sense to complete humor.

The minutes have not been sporadic for these players: Jameer, Victor, Aaron, Tobias and Baby. Now we can agree or disagree with whether or not that's a good thing. To me it's very obvious that we're showcasing the vets … to the detriment of Moe and Andrew. I hope we trade the vets soon because I want to see what we have in our pups.

As to Moe being a part of our core, I never held him in that light. I don't at all see him in the same light as TMac. He lacks a handle, quick feet, the ability to create his own shot, and a sixth sense in his BB IQ. Honestly, given Vooch's down year with injuries and sporadic play, I'm not even sure he's part of our core. It'll be interesting.

Hey Echo.. Remember this quote you sent a youtube video of Panic on...

What are your thoughts now?... Still dont think Im making any sense.... Because plenty of people are seeing what I have been preaching for weeks now.

Just Saying.

If you panic at any point during this season, I have the same reply for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNkpIDBtC2c

"Just sayin"

• Upvote 3

" I feel like I’m no longer a rookie,’’ Oladipo said as the Magic hit the official halfway point of the season. ``I’m 41 games in and it’s time to turn up the juice a little bit.’’

Love that Vic

By the way, what are we show casing again? Nelson has been in the league how long? Did Glen get some new skills, did he learn to jump higher? Did Nelson learn the MJ fade away? Or are we show casing that these guys are not broken? Because if so then playing them 30min would seem backwards ( Glen is back from his foot injury, look he has played 30min on it the past 6 weeks )

The best approach would be to save those trade prices, keep them fresh and let your young guys run the team... Because that's the plan right???? Why put off the inevitable?????

Or is that we still don't know who we want and this is a final showing for the long term... Which again is rediculious considering we had a year and change to think about this.

Sorry fellas I'm not seeing this staff progressing, they are at a "D" right now. Absolutely terrible showing, night in and night out.

By the way, what are we show casing again? Nelson has been in the league how long? Did Glen get some new skills, did he learn to jump higher? Did Nelson learn the MJ fade away? Or are we show casing that these guys are not broken? Because if so then playing them 30min would seem backwards ( Glen is back from his foot injury, look he has played 30min on it the past 6 weeks )

The best approach would be to save those trade prices, keep them fresh and let your young guys run the team... Because that's the plan right???? Why put off the inevitable?????

Or is that we still don't know who we want and this is a final showing for the long term... Which again is rediculious considering we had a year and change to think about this.

Sorry fellas I'm not seeing this staff progressing, they are at a "D" right now. Absolutely terrible showing, night in and night out.

I agree with this.

Ideally one would have thought the purpose of this season was to see what we have in guys like Harkless, Harris, Nicholson and Quinn. Yet, even though Harris starts, he's the 4th option behind baby, meer, and AA. And Harkless? I don't think I've ever seen a guy regress as much as he has this season and JV has completely ruined that kids confidence. When he plays he looks confused, lost, and as if he has no clue what his role is when he's out there. Nicholson actually looked improved a bit this year yet he will for whatever reason sit for multiple games at a time. KO will have good games like last night, but it takes multiple injuries for him to see the court. I get frustrated with the fact that JV doesn't get enough out of these guys even when they do play. You don't think a coach like Coach Thibs in Chicago would get 10x more out of our young guys? He would. Our players coast and seem complacent at times and it seems to me more often than not they need a fire lit under their asses but JV isn't that kind of coach. I just can't fathom having our team revolve around 3 players that will not be here 6 months or a year from now, 2 years at most. It seems counter productive to me.

I'm probably being to critical of what is a terrible team, but I too would like to see a direction this team is heading in.

Two things bother me to the point where I only watch where there's a reason on DVR now. Can't remember the last live (or semi-live, as in the same night before spoilers) game I've watched.

1. I know we got rid of Stan Van Gundy, but I didn't realize we'd lose the franchise's team defense as a whole for years to come.

2. All these blowouts. Losing is one thing, but losing by 20 or 30 is never good for the soul. Especially young souls.

In Rob I Still Trust ©, but I can't say the same thing about Jacques anymore. Does he have the right personality to deal with all this? I think so. But the right skill? I'm starting to wonder. Either that, or we need players that can a. listen and apply what the coaches are saying better or b. are just bleepin' more talented individual/team defenders!

No team in its second year of rebuilding should feel this much worse than the first year. Although let us never forget the lessons of January, 2014.. Nikola Vucevic is worth ANY MONEY. (unless a suitable or better big man replacement can somehow be found, haha)

I'm not Echo but I think it's fairly clear what's happening in O-Town. Are we bad? Yes. We are starting two vets in Meer and Baby that probably shouldn't start on any team in the league at this point. Why are they starting? Because I think we're showcasing them for trades and because they model hard work. Meanwhile, AA is here because he is a very solid player who I think Henny and Co. are trying to use to infect the team with a post-Dwight culture of excellent, team-centric, gritty ball. Then we have the pups, who are honestly just trying to grow up. Before I make any judgement on Jacque, I want to see the vets traded, which I believe will happen soon. I still hold that we have a great young core in Oladipo, Harris and Vooch.

And when I have a good day, this is just about how I think. This is why I still at least watch occasionally (besides for fantasy b-ball reasons). Also I'm trying to remember that the 2014 NBA Draft Lottery is May 20th. :shard:/> It'll be here before we all know it. All that and of course Vic is the "Home Depot" of high-flying highlights, of course.

Sometime last week I posted about this team not having an identity. I was wrong they do have one "A Bad Jump Shooting Team". Looking at the last few games I'm wondering if our coaching staff has a clue.