Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

2013 - 2014 Regular Season Thread

It took KD 3 years to make the playoffs. That's a 2 year rebuild for a team that immediately got Kevin Durant at the start of it's rebuild and then immediately followed that up with Russell Westbrook. I think taking an extra year to rebuild would be a pretty decent turnaround considering we didn't have the luxury of immediately acquiring a prospect with All NBA 1st team potential.

But they literally had nothing to work with when the Super Sonics became the Thunder... They didnt have a choice but to play with what they had, which lead them to a couple of years of being on the bottom. We have way more to work with.

Everyone needs the panic slapped out of them from time to time!

We need to ride BBD all the way to the draft!!!!

Im not even sure if BBD will be around.. which wouldnt be a bad thing... for the both of us.. Glen can go to a contender and we can go on sucking for #1. (wow that sounds bad they way that came out)

But they literally had nothing to work with when the Super Sonics became the Thunder... They didnt have a choice but to play with what they had, which lead them to a couple of years of being on the bottom. We have way more to work with.

Their first year as the Thunder they had Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Thabo Sefolosha and Nick Collison on the roster as well as Jeff Green. That's half their current rotation and a good young asset in Green. They also had 2 first round picks in the following draft (turned into Harden and Ibaka) which they could have traded. Hardly nothing to work with.

That's what I mean, like, where's the coaching? A well coached team should move the ball and and at least attempt to defend. Just standing there doesn't count as defending.

At least they PUSH they ball, which is better than any Brian Hill OR SVG team, like, ever. Other than the first nine games when Hedo came back.

Winning, losing, whatever, but I'm just not seeing any improvement other than Vucevic & Afflalo, and Dipo's awesome, of course, but he's a rookie. I'm not sure I can give any coach credit for Afflalo, he improves almost every year.

That's what I mean, like, where's the coaching? A well coached team should move the ball and and at least attempt to defend. Just standing there doesn't count as defending.

At least they PUSH they ball, which is better than any Brian Hill OR SVG team, like, ever. Other than the first nine games when Hedo came back.

Winning, losing, whatever, but I'm just not seeing any improvement other than Vucevic & Afflalo, and Dipo's awesome, of course, but he's a rookie. I'm not sure I can give any coach credit for Afflalo, he improves almost every year.

True I will agree the tempo is much better... but our defense and lack of knowing where to be is atrocious.

We can run up and down the court all day and it wont mean anything unless we can stop the other team from doing the same... Well I take that back... because the other team would rather shoot the 3 on us like they have been all year... running is too exhausting they would rather chuck 25+ times from behind the arc.

I will continue to wait out this year and watch... whatever im seeing... take place. But really, if it stays like this through out the whole season. Then we have some major topics to talk about for next year.. year #3 of rebuild.. and im not seeing playoffs in any of these guys for atleast the next 3yrs the way they are progressing.

Vaughn isnt that great of a coach when it comes to strategy hes great with player relations though.

From what I'm seeing, Tobias Harris and Moe Harkless seem to have regressed. Nicholson is almost a imaginary player that takes up a roster spot.

From what I'm seeing, Tobias Harris and Moe Harkless seem to have regressed. Nicholson is almost a imaginary player that takes up a roster spot.

Who is Nichloson.... You mean the that Canadian guy who played on a national team, but is riding the bench full time?

Moe worries me... And he is somewhat an unpredictable player... I dont know if he is just a nice guy, or just that reserved to show no emotion.. or even show any during a game to get his guys going... Maybe Glen could spot Moe some of his emotions.

Harris, I wanted to see him become more of a play maker for other people... Run some post's for him to dish out to the open man on the 3. Try and use him like a Chris Webber type.. have him facilitate some to take the pressure off some.

What about Kyle... Where has Kyle gone?...

Sigh

ESPN sources say Suns G Eric Bledsoe out indefinitely after team determines Bledsoe needs surgery on right knee.

via hoopsworld

For the Suns to play so well to start, be competitive, have that ruined, and now not get a great draft pick either is an absolute shame.

Should be noted he needed surgery for a lateral meniscus tear prior to the 2011-12 season in the same knee.

ESPN sources say Suns G Eric Bledsoe out indefinitely after team determines Bledsoe needs surgery on right knee.

via hoopsworld

For the Suns to play so well to start, be competitive, have that ruined, and now not get a great draft pick either is an absolute shame.

Should be noted he needed surgery for a lateral meniscus tear prior to the 2011-12 season in the same knee.

Wow, wow, wow. Henny the prophet has struck again!