Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

2013 - 2014 Regular Season Thread

Pretty disappointed in Moe's lack of tangible improvement from last year, still doesn't have to be guarded at all on offense. He's got trade throw-in written all over him

His FT shooting pisses me off but he shows some flashes. Give him time

Moe stays healthy at least. I feel Harris is the better trade fodder.

Except that Harris proved himself to be a far, far superior prospect in terms of actual basketball skill during his time on the court last season. He's a much brighter piece to the core we're trying to build.

Don't underestimate the potential for "sneaky tanking" being at play here. I'm sure he's hurt, but don't think the organization doesn't recognize that bringing him back slowly probably gives us our best chance at long-term success.

• Upvote 3

Moe stays healthy at least. I feel Harris is the better trade fodder.

This might be the craziest post of the year.

Harris posted 17.3 points, 8.5 boards, 2.1 assists and 1.4 blocks as a 20 year-old last year with the Magic. He might in fact turn out to be our best player. Why in the world would you trade him? Wow.

Harris posted 17.3 points, 8.5 boards, 2.1 assists and 1.4 blocks as a 20 year-old last year with the Magic. He might in fact turn out to be our best player. Why in the world would you trade him? Wow.

Why would you trade either? they're both like 10 years old remember?

Kinda reminds me of last year when a lot of people wanted us to get rid of Nicholson. Just give them some time.

It is much more likely that he will never post similar numbers again due to recurring injury than to become the best player on a team that already has a very very good center and a truly promising rookie. I'm not saying the former will happen, it is just more likely at this moment. The points you made above are valid, and the EXACT reason why I would trade him now while his value is high...well atleast as high as a person who played well for just 3 months can be across the league and not just with homer glasses.

Forgive me if I see an opportunity with him to get better, his skill set is relatively easy to duplicate anyway, but I agree he is a great deal on a rookie scale for now-assuming he plays of course. Nothing personal with the guy, he should be available in the right deal though.

It is much more likely that he will never post similar numbers again due to recurring injury than to become the best player on a team that already has a very very good center and a truly promising rookie. I'm not saying the former will happen, it is just more likely at this moment. The points you made above are valid, and the EXACT reason why I would trade him now while his value is high...well atleast as high as a person who played well for just 3 months can be across the league and not just with homer glasses.

Forgive me if I see an opportunity with him to get better, his skill set is relatively easy to duplicate anyway, but I agree he is a great deal on a rookie scale for now-assuming he plays of course. Nothing personal with the guy, he should be available in the right deal though.

Tobias Harris is a keeper 100%.

We need to address PG if Oladipo doesn't work out there or PF.

Next season i'd be over the moon with a line up of

Oladipo

Afflalo

Harris

Randle

Vucevic

Bench

Jameer

??

Harkless

Nicholson

O'Quinn

Obviously i doubt very much it will go like that.

Pipe dream line up

Smart

Oladipo

Harris

Love / Aldridge

Vucevic

Tobias Harris is a keeper 100%.

We need to address PG if Oladipo doesn't work out there or PF.

Next season i'd be over the moon with a line up of

Oladipo

Afflalo

Harris

Randle

Vucevic

Bench

Jameer

??

Harkless

Nicholson

O'Quinn

Obviously i doubt very much it will go like that.

Pipe dream line up

Smart

Oladipo

Harris

Love / Aldridge

Vucevic

Your pipe dream scenario is aiming kinda low. That team isn't a contender.