Sign in to follow this  
30Assists

2013 - 2014 Regular Season Thread

So many of our shots where blocked, 10 in total according to ESPN … of which DeAndre Jordan feasted with 8 of them … while we only dished 1 … good grief! aside from the possibility of him being showcased trying for a trade, do y'all think that BBD should be starting and playing so many minutes?

No Im simply saying that even for a tanking team that actually has some assets... We Should Not Be This Bad... Not For Year #2 of Rebuilding...

Last year, the moves, the rotation, the shedding of players, the system and play were as decent as they could get for coming from where we were. This year as a whole, we are worst than last year and thats not a good trend to have.

People can say "Panic" if they want (which is not what im doing), but when the play has been consistently this bad it has to make you wonder. When only one Rookie out of 3 has progressed their game in yr 2, it has to make you wonder. When you cut a good PF for Jones, who you then cut.... it makes you wonder.

Say what you want, im just calling it how it is.

Vaughn's job security shouldn't come up until year three. Not saying he needs to make the playoffs next year, but progress needs to be shown. Same for Hennigan. No reason to be tanking 3 years in a row, this season and upcoming offseason is HUGE for the future of this franchise. I don't want to end up as one of those teams in the lottery every year that makes minimal progress to actually accomplishing something. But for now, just gotta deal with the losing and see what happens.

This roster is so weird its almost hard to see any kind of day to day improvement plus they have not really been together much. Harris gets hurt. Then Vuc gets hurt. So on and so on. Afflalo looks like he is coming back down to earth and Glen Davis is well Glen Davis. I think until they are gone and we give the young guys all the minutes it will be hard to decipher what this looks like moving forward.

Vaughn's job security shouldn't come up until year three. Not saying he needs to make the playoffs next year, but progress needs to be shown. Same for Hennigan. No reason to be tanking 3 years in a row, this season and upcoming offseason is HUGE for the future of this franchise. I don't want to end up as one of those teams in the lottery every year that makes minimal progress to actually accomplishing something. But for now, just gotta deal with the losing and see what happens.

Agreed and thats the boat that im on... The one that doesnt want to suck for 3yrs straight ( 2 is hard to handle, 3 is cutting time )

And its not like I dont like Vaughn... I havent seen him coach a team before ours for me to have any of those thoughts. But I can say... and people will Boo me for this, but SVG would of had more wins.. even with this squad. He would of instituted defense at the core. And most likely he would rub players the wrong way... but im just saying.

We need to be seeing more of Oladipo, Harkless, Harris

this is what I would like … if we're gonna suck, lets do it with the young ones while giving them time to develop their respective games, and chemistry … for me is hard to watch BBD in a starter role ...

It took KD 3 years to make the playoffs. That's a 2 year rebuild for a team that immediately got Kevin Durant at the start of it's rebuild and then immediately followed that up with Russell Westbrook. I think taking an extra year to rebuild would be a pretty decent turnaround considering we didn't have the luxury of immediately acquiring a prospect with All NBA 1st team potential.

• Upvote 1

this is what I would like … if we're gonna suck, lets do it with the young ones while giving them time to develop their respective games, and chemistry … for me is hard to watch BBD in a starter role ...

Yep Davis needs to go for sure.

i think if we benched Jameer & BBD the league would think its tanking when in fact we'd probably win more LOL.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Oladipo, Afflalo, Harkless, Harris, Vucevic line up for a extended period of time.

Yep Davis needs to go for sure.

i think if we benched Jameer & BBD the league would think its tanking when in fact we'd probably win more LOL.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Oladipo, Afflalo, Harkless, Harris, Vucevic line up for a extended period of time.

for sure!

Don't know about y'all but, one thing I notice is that our guys hardly move the ball around … seems most of the time, whomever gets the ball from the PG, immediately turns around and shoot without even moving the ball trying to find someone whose in a better position … I mean, they got 20+ seconds to shoot … it's as if the ball burns their hands and they have t get rid of it … other teams, you sees them moving the ball back and forth, until they find someone whose in a better position to shoot ...