Nyce_1

What does Amare in ATL mean for us?

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

This would mean that Amare wont have the same production he once had in Phoenix, simply because there will be no Steve Nash in ATL.

Amare is a good player, but he also has many players that take the heat off of him. Put him in a Hawks uniform and the story will change....

Besides he cant take Howard, which is why he flops against all the time against Dwight.

I was about to comment the same exact thing. Amare is arguably the most overrated center in the league. The guy is good, but definitely not an all NBA first team Center. I would give that one to Yao.

He produced very well with the suns because there were 4 other wing players surrounding him, making sure that he isn't double teamed. I fear the Hawks in a whole since they always seem to give us trouble, however, Zaza's finally gone!! He's one of the greatest Magic killers!

Not sure what this trade does for Phoenix though. It gives them more talent, but not in the long run.

To correct you, Josh Childress/Smith and Joe Johnson are the Magic Killers....I'm the expert on that you know. (lol)

Anyway, Dwight would rip Amare's head off plus no Brian Hill as coach means JJ will throw some shi* at Atlanta..so we can pretty much get a season sweep if we don't mess it up.

On the subject, we would meet ATL in the playoffs most likely. Hope we can get through them "With Darko and that Free agent."

Hmmmm you are very right in the Magic Killers, but with are guys still young and maturing this wont be a problem any longer.

Besides the biggest hole ATL has had for god knows when, was having a PG.... which they still need before they move the team to Oklahoma.

Of course nothing has happened yet, but rumors are saying Joe Johnson and Amare don't get along (yessssssss). Apparently, Joe wouldn't pass to Amare, even when WIDE OPEN, his last year in Phoenix. That caused some lockerroom riff, thus having Phoenix not willing to pony up the money to keep then FA, JJ.

This would certainly help the Magic. Chemistry will kill ANY team; let's just hope it's the Hawks IF this deal happens.

quote:
Originally posted by The Dude Abides:

I was just watching ESPn and Jim Gray was reporting the deal was Minnesota - Pheonix - and Celtics....NOT ATL.. and Pheonix says" Do not dismiss this deal, but consider it highly unlikley"

That's a different 3-way deal that involves Marion instead.

Ok, this is still a rumor, just like all of the other rumors that are flying around out there. I'll be shocked if Amare ends up in Atl. Who is Phx replaceing him with for post scoring? KG plays more of a midrange game, he isn't a true back to the basket guy, how does this get them closer to a title? The defense gets a lot better but they have to rely a whole lot on jumpers. Assuming they take Horford with the #3 can he step in and play a huge role right away? He's great but you are asking a rookie to be a big player on a championship team. Nash can't play forever why blow that up?

Someone mentioned it on ESPN but why would Phx want to improve Atl when they own their pick next year regardless of where it is?

On ESPN Grey says highly un-likely, Chad Ford says he believes it could.

Assuming all of that happens, Atl has a voltile 3 in Josh Smith being pared with a sizable ego in Amare. The 2nd problem I see is defense. Amare is a great scorer but he doesn't seem to care too much about rebounding or blocking shots or interior D. Josh Smith is a help defender and a very good one at that but who else do they have? Marvin Williams is a name, what has he done? This was supposed to be the year he made the leap, he avg'd 13pts and 5 boards in 34 mins. That doesn't really blow my skirt up.

If the whole thing goes through, I would still put Dwight up against Amare and feel pretty good about it.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:

I was just watching ESPn and Jim Gray was reporting the deal was Minnesota - Pheonix - and Celtics....NOT ATL.. and Pheonix says" Do not dismiss this deal, but consider it highly unlikley"

ahhhhh, just rewound it and too note... well, they cant do both deals...so lets see what happens... on PTI they were just talkin about why no one wants to play for the Celtics. Wilbon says its cause they have a reputation of rascism... what does that stem from exactly... I wouldnt want to play their cuase their team, coach and Org sucks....

Marion has said he doesnt want to go there? Do he have a say in the matter, I thought Kobe was the only guy to have a trade clause in his favor abotu picking teams... ohh, and Pat AGarrity's screw ya over contract if you trade me... so there are 2 like that out there

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:

ahhhhh, just rewound it and too note... well, they cant do both deals...so lets see what happens... on PTI they were just talkin about why no one wants to play for the Celtics. Wilbon says its cause they have a reputation of rascism... what does that stem from exactly... I wouldnt want to play their cuase their team, coach and Org sucks....

Marion has said he doesnt want to go there? Do he have a say in the matter, I thought Kobe was the only guy to have a trade clause in his favor abotu picking teams... ohh, and Pat AGarrity's screw ya over contract if you trade me... so there are 2 like that out there

There is no official trade clause for Marion, but he can opt out of his contract after next season. If Marion doesnt want to play in Boston, than Boston wouldn't want him there because they would basically be trading to rent Marion for a year. Same goes with KG, he also has the option to opt out after next year, making only teams that he is interested in going to want to trade for him.

The Wolves have been making multiple calls to find a third team that can facilitate a deal for Garnett.

The Wolves would receive the Hawks' numbers 3 and 11 picks in the draft as well as several cap-friendly contracts. The Hawks would receive Amare Stoudemire. The Suns would get back Kevin Garnett.

But one of the Hawks owners vetoed the deal and it now seems unlikely that a deal will be consummated by draft time.

The ongoing litigation that has engulfed Atlanta's ownership group has apparently crippled the organization's decision-making ability.

Steve Belkin won a previous lawsuit against the other Hawks owners and has the right to veto any move that puts the team over the salary cap. Several sources indicate that it was Belkin who vetoed this proposed trade.

Meanwhile, the Suns are claiming to have never had direct contact with the Hawks and say the deal never reached the stage where they were asked to give up Stoudemire.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46751/200706...toed_by_hawks_owner/