Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoMagic777

Official Game Thread - Orlando vs. Boston, Feb. 1, 7:30 PM EST

gigantic post

You have expectations that are too high for the team right now. Scale them back. Watch players grow. Watch the team learn how to win. This isn't our first rodeo. You should know how this works by now. you can't rely on wins as success anymore. Success is vuc emerging, jj showing growth as a starter, harkless developing offense, etc. the young guys will grow. The team will learn how to close out games. Maybe it will happen after the all star break. Maybe it will happen next year. But we'll be ok.

When people say Vooch looks good to build around i think they mean vooch and moe harkless are the only two worth building AROUND a centerpiece. NV stats comparing his double double stats with those other mega stars is definitley promising. My point is i dontvthink were rebuilding yet, this is still a demo stage and NV and MH are the only two walls worth keeping. But no we dont have a pool or furniture yet... Please exscuse my english, my pc died and i use my 2005 flip phone for time being. Haha

You have expectations that are too high for the team right now. Scale them back. Watch players grow. Watch the team learn how to win. This isn't our first rodeo. You should know how this works by now. you can't rely on wins as success anymore. Success is vuc emerging, jj showing growth as a starter, harkless developing offense, etc. the young guys will grow. The team will learn how to close out games. Maybe it will happen after the all star break. Maybe it will happen next year. But we'll be ok.

Agree with you on the first part of that, not on the 2nd. This team could just as easily not win a playoff series for 2 decades as it could become a contender again. Half the teams in the league (small market especially) could tell you that. Still don't think many understand how bad (although in the end, basically unavoidable) losing Dwight really was: that era will be a historically successful one for the franchise. It's doubtful that level will be attained again within this decade.

Magic fans have gotten a little too used to 1-2 years of the team being terrible followed by a savior. We've been lucky in that regard.

Agree with you on the first part of that, not on the 2nd. This team could just as easily not win a playoff series for 2 decades as it could become a contender again. Half the teams in the league (small market especially) could tell you that. Still don't think many understand how bad (although in the end, basically unavoidable) losing Dwight really was: that era will be a historically successful one for the franchise. It's doubtful that level will be attained again within this decade.

Magic fans have gotten a little too used to 1-2 years of the team being terrible followed by a savior. We've been lucky in that regard.

We will be fine. I like the pieces we acquired in the Howard trade (particularly Vucevic and Harkless). We look to be in prime position to add some talent in this year's draft. And, at this point, I'm sold on Hennigan and trust him to make good decisions this offseason. These are exciting times to be a Magic fan. It could be a lot worse, that's for sure (as an example, we could still have a disgruntled Howard. And Otis pulling the strings).

Yep, sucks but you're right. It's kind of funny you mention that, Charles Barkley said something similar in nba2k13 , " magic fans have become spoiled..", anyone else heard that?

And as crazy as it sounds , i think mcroberts makes a great 12th man, but not for, what is it 3 mil a year(?) His athletic dunks make the constant loosing more bearable... I never knew he had those skills before he got here. Just needs to make way less money of it is three mil.

I've never been a big Hedo basher. Actually I kind of liked him but he is done. JV needs to sit him and keep playing the young guys. With BBD out we need to play Moe and Nicholson a lot every game. We're not going to win anything anyway.

When people say Vooch looks good to build around i think they mean vooch and moe harkless are the only two worth building AROUND a centerpiece. NV stats comparing his double double stats with those other mega stars is definitley promising. My point is i dontvthink were rebuilding yet, this is still a demo stage and NV and MH are the only two walls worth keeping. But no we dont have a pool or furniture yet... Please exscuse my english, my pc died and i use my 2005 flip phone for time being. Haha

Guess it depends on your pointed of view with regards to rebuilding. To me, the second Howard was traded begag the rebuild in my book. How long that rebuild takes depends a lot on Henne and Vaughn finding good talent and a little on luck with regards to the ping pong balls and grabbing players that will not have injury problems.

Oh and I think this team has more to build around than Nick and Moe. I mean obviously, Nicholson. But I add in Moore and Jones as well. They might not nothing more that role players, but still seem to have talent to stick in this league.

And as crazy as it sounds , i think mcroberts makes a great 12th man, but not for, what is it 3 mil a year(?) His athletic dunks make the constant loosing more bearable... I never knew he had those skills before he got here. Just needs to make way less money of it is three mil.

Considering his contract expires at the end of the season, the three million doesn't matter much.

If you believe in hennigan we'll be a playoff team again in 4 years or less. Being a contender depends a lot on luck but there's no reason that a well managed team shouldn't be a playoff team I'm this league.