Sign in to follow this  
AleksandarN

Magic are in serious talks with the Hawks about their #11 pick(MC RUMOUR)

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

I haven't read all the pages, but if you guys didn't know, ATL is about to trade BOTH their picks in return for Amare!

Therefore, this thread is not relevant anymore, IMO.

hot holy mother of christ... that would give them 3, 7, and 11... thats serious... what does their salaries look like? thats alot of cash to put out on guarunteed contracts - i guees if your losin garnett, there may some spare change layin around.

quote:

I haven't read all the pages, but if you guys didn't know, ATL is about to trade BOTH their picks in return for Amare!

Therefore, this thread is not relevant anymore, IMO.

Hey perhaps we now can convince Atlanta into giving us Amare for shooting superstar, fan favorite Jameer Nelson?

LilPenny is gonna go out to the yard now to to some exercises!

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

Amare and Joe Johnson in our division? Why would Phoenix trade Amare?

I think in this trade rumor, Suns would end up with Garnett, with picks 3 and 11 going to Timberwolves.

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

Amare and Joe Johnson in our division? Why would Phoenix trade Amare?

To get KG

KG to Phoenix

Amare to ATL

#3, #11, ZaZa, filler, and Kurt Thomas to Minn

I would assume 1 or 2 of Phoenix's draft picks are included, but this deal isn't official...YET (very close; waiting on ATL decision)

quote:
Originally posted by LilPenny3000:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Alright, just out of curiosity, who do you think will be available at the 11 pick that would be worth trading Jameer for?

Anyone in the first round basically. There are guys not in the draft any longer who have waaaaayy more potential than Nelson, like PG Sun Yue and SG Joao Gomes.

To make it easier to understand, ThisIsNOTgonnaBeTheYear with Jameer taking up space in a critical PG spot where we have guys that are more suited for it.

I've yet to hear a good reason why it's so importnat to keep 5'11" Jameer other than "he's Dwight's friend" and "he'll play so much better under SVG". That could be said for anyone! even Garrity! c'mon The only player his size we've ever had that was a keeper was Armstrong.

LilPenny would say ok Jameer has some potential to help this team in the long run if he could grow 4 more inches and was 20 years old. We trade him and we still barely have enough PT for our other 3 guards who mind you, are not worse than he is and in LilPenny's eyes easily better at playing the PG position.

If basketball was a 1 on 1 game or didn't need any chemistry perhaps I'd take ALL EYES ON ME over Diener, Dooling or Arroyo. This is a team game though, not streetball.

One of the most ridiculous comments I've read in a while. You're saying that the reason that we don't want Jameer gone is because he's Dwight's friend, and that he'll perform better under SVG's system, yet the reason you would want any other player in the first round is because of their "potential"? You say that they have more potential then Jameer? How do you know that? Are you just speculating?

These players played very well at the collegiate level.....but so did Nelson! He won virtually every individual college award in the nation, and now you're saying that these guys have MORE potential? Dear God....

By the way, hilarious comment Smack! lol.

Okay here we go again with the Nelson debate... which has come up everytime we lost a game last year... sad but true.

First of all let me squash this whole argument that there are better players in this draft than Nelson is right now:

1.) The NBA is not college, quit comparing the two.

2.) If you are going to compare people in college to players in the NBA, then the closest thing you have is the college stats.

3.) Speaking of college stats, Nelson has the best stats than most of the first round PG's.

4.) Are problems from last year are not around one player, we had many variables that played into not having a good year... sub-par if you will.

5.) Dont forget how many times Nelson has saved a loss by hitting a clutch shot, not that this should give him a free bee card... but we havent had a player like since T-Mac.

Now I have several more and could go on forever, but I wont because there are some people that wont understand.... and thats okay.

If we do go for this trade, then I will miss Nelson.. but hopefully we can draft someone like AC Law.

AC Law would be the best PG for us out of all the PG's in the first round.

I dont care about the OSU PG's because they had Greg Oden.... which makes a big difference..

AC Law is a playmaker, and was absolutely killing teams by his clutch mentality... almost Arenas like..... very scary

Looks like we can still deal with the hawks...(copied from my other post

)....I was just watching ESPn and Jim Gray was reporting the deal was Minnesota - Pheonix - and Celtics....NOT ATL.. and Pheonix says" Do not dismiss this deal, but consider it highly unlikley"

Man, you gotta love the offseason and the BS it breeds amongst the league and even this board!

quote:
Originally posted by The Dude Abides:

)....I was just watching ESPn and Jim Gray was reporting the deal was Minnesota - Pheonix - and Celtics....NOT ATL.. and Pheonix says" Do not dismiss this deal, but consider it highly unlikley"

Man, you gotta love the offseason and the BS it breeds amongst the league and even this board!

And like I put in the other thread, that is another 3-team deal that may have Marion going to Boston.

I do love the offseason. Tomorrow night is going to be CRAZY.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Dude Abides:

And like I put in the other thread, that is another 3-team deal that may have Marion going to Boston.

I do love the offseason. Tomorrow night is going to be CRAZY.

NYCE - which deal do you think to be more likely? Marion doesnt want to go to Boston, but if the other 3-way goes down, with marion...then the Hawks still retain those picks and can deal, what do you think about the dealing with the hawks if they do keep their piks?...