Sign in to follow this  
ShefGator2

ESPN: Magic are big winners in Howard Trade

some of you guys are making me sick.

Dwight was constantly hacked, pushed, pulled, grabbed, and abused in every manner when he was here, and we always defended him. I think he even said as much one time, claiming he would be so sore after games from all the punishment he would get.

But now he's wearing another teams' colors and it's suddenly the other way around? Coming off back surgery, already hurt his shoulder earlier in the season, and now this?

I'm not a fan of the guy by any means, but this is going too far.

For me, there is a difference between gloating over an injury (which some in this thread are probably doing) and not feeling any sympathy for him. I don't enjoy any player getting hurt but, because of the way he left, I certainly don't feel bad for him either.

For me, there is a difference between gloating over an injury (which some in this thread are probably doing) and not feeling any sympathy for him. I don't enjoy any player getting hurt but, because of the way he left, I certainly don't feel bad for him either.

exactly the way I feel ... can't feel happy for anyone's misfortune but, in his case, can't feel sympathy either ... he does look broken, I tell you ... his demeanor and tone of voice in an interview shown in ESPN this morning screams that, in comparison with what he's going through this season, he's missing the toughest times he went through with the Magic ... you almost can see his father looming over him saying "I told you so" ...

Dwight dishes our nearly as much punishment as he takes.....not to mention half of the punishment he takes is given because he can't make a free throw to save his life.

I supported Dwight when he was on the team but he chose to leave so I choose to not support him anymore or look the other way with his childish antics, constant screaming/swearing at the refs, and being a liability down the stretch.

• Upvote 2

some of you guys are making me sick.

Dwight was constantly hacked, pushed, pulled, grabbed, and abused in every manner when he was here, and we always defended him. I think he even said as much one time, claiming he would be so sore after games from all the punishment he would get.

But now he's wearing another teams' colors and it's suddenly the other way around? Coming off back surgery, already hurt his shoulder earlier in the season, and now this?

I'm not a fan of the guy by any means, but this is going too far.

Oh brother. Get off your high horse. That's making ME sick.

• Upvote 1

Dwight dishes our nearly as much punishment as he takes.....not to mention half of the punishment he takes is given because he can't make a free throw to save his life.

I supported Dwight when he was on the team but he chose to leave so I choose to not support him anymore or look the other way with his childish antics, constant screaming/swearing at the refs, and being a liability down the stretch.

Agreed. And if your going to give the same lip service and broken promises in LA that you gave here... then thats on Dwight. I dont feel bad for him like many have said, and I dont wish ill will on him either. However, I will fully laugh and smile at Dwight when he stumbles and is exposed for being a 12yr old in a Mans body. The decisions he made is now live and on prime time for all to see.

May this be a lesson for younger players that "money chasing isnt always going to bring you happiness."

Agreed. And if your going to give the same lip service and broken promises in LA that you gave here... then thats on Dwight. I dont feel bad for him like many have said, and I dont wish ill will on him either. However, I will fully laugh and smile at Dwight when he stumbles and is exposed for being a 12yr old in a Mans body. The decisions he made is now live and on prime time for all to see.

May this be a lesson for younger players that "money chasing isnt always going to bring you happiness."

I agree with this. I think its only natural for us to enjoy watching Dwight being exposed. Not injured...exposed. I've said it before, Dwight is pretty much all talk, he talks about being a leader...but has no leadership qualities and can't lead, he talks about wanting to be a closer like Kobe...but can't close, he talks about wanting the ball more on offense...but constantly gets stripped down low or fouled and fails at the stripe, he talks about wanting better teammates...and now that he has them, he can't play his role and win with them. It goes on and on. People are finally starting to realize that the issue here is that Dwight, for all he's capable of when healthy, is just not the player he wants you to think he is. Do I want him to get injured, no. Am I basking in his and the Lakers epic failure, hell yes! There's an absolute difference.

I agree with this. I think its only natural for us to enjoy watching Dwight being exposed. Not injured...exposed. I've said it before, Dwight is pretty much all talk, he talks about being a leader...but has no leadership qualities and can't lead, he talks about wanting to be a closer like Kobe...but can't close, he talks about wanting the ball more on offense...but constantly gets stripped down low or fouled and fails at the stripe, he talks about wanting better teammates...and now that he has them, he can't play his role and win with them. It goes on and on. People are finally starting to realize that the issue here is that Dwight, for all he's capable of when healthy, is just not the player he wants you to think he is. Do I want him to get injured, no. Am I basking in his and the Lakers epic failure, hell yes! There's an absolute difference.

right on!

Wait, Dwight really did hurt his back last season? I thought the experts here concluded he was faking it to avoid the remainder of the season.

Yeah, pretty sure he actually had surgery too. I was actually thinking he might have been faking it the other night while getting absolutely tooled in Memphis, during the third season reset for the Lakers. You know...the one which he proclaimed

An August headline on the sports website Bleacher Report asked: “Is Orlando Magic’s Rob Hennigan the NBA’s Most Inept GM?” The accompanying story blasted Hennigan for trading star center Dwight Howard to the Lakers that month and not getting enough in return.

But the criticism of the Worcester native and St. John’s High graduate has disappeared like, well, Magic. In fact, a headline last week on Bleacher Report read: “Orlando Magic Are Officially Winners of Dwight Howard Trade.”

Hennigan, the NBA’s youngest general manager at age 30, insisted he paid no attention to the flak he took for making the trade or the praise he is receiving in hindsight.

http://www.telegram....920/1009/sports