Sign in to follow this  
jjgator

Vucevic now 5th in the league in rebounding

My point, literally in this entire goddamned thread, has been that he improved beyond what anyone expected. Like, literally, that was the entire point of every single *****ing post I've made in this thread.

Remember a couple posts ago when I said that it was patently obvious that you didn't understand a single point being made by Brooks, by Captain Hi-top, by Me or really by anyone?

This is why. You have literally, now on multiple occasions in this thread, argued the exact point we were making while then arguing that that makes us wrong. I would have rather you just said "thank you for enlightening me" and gone on your way. You might have been able to learn something that way.

On second thought, not worth getting booted off over. Just ignore me as I am you...once I figure out how to that is. Your arrogance makes this board almost unbearable

• Upvote 3

On second thought, not worth getting booted off over. Just ignore me as I am you...once I figure out how to that is.

Oh for...

Go to "My Settings"

Click "Profile"

Click "Manage Ignored Users"

Type My User name

Your arrogance makes this board almost unbearable

RealGM's Orlando Magic board.

It's perfect for you. No one ever disagrees with anyone, and I won't go near the place.

You'll LOVE it there.

Oh for...

Go to "My Settings"

Click "Profile"

Click "Manage Ignored Users"

Type My User name

Thanks

RealGM's Orlando Magic board.

It's perfect for you. No one ever disagrees with anyone, and I won't go near the place.

You'll LOVE it there.

I have no issue with disagreement, its your complete and utter arrogance that bothers me. Btw, since you're the clearly established board know it all and I'm stuck in jury duty all day, what metrics, regression models, etc. did you employ to come up with your high end projections of 9/8? Please enlighten me since you didnt mention any of this when you made your projection, aka guess. Thanks in advance

Well it looks like Nikola has moved into 4th place for defensive rebounds.

Now to weight in on this subject. I had no idea what we were getting with this guy at the trade. Watched some video on him at USC, he had a good college game to him.... not real flashy... under the radar worker. However that was college and I didnt see much of him play last year. All in all, I thought Nikola was another Ayon.

What a surprise to see this guy have more upside than I originally thought. If you would of told me that Nikola will grab 29 boards by himself, I would of bet you that there is no freaking way that was ever going to happen, even if Vucevic was the only man on the court. Shoot I would of let someone kick me in the "jimmy" for that one. Thank god that I never did that, because "Jimmy" still might be down today if that were not the case.

Nikola is a good piece to our team and I hope he continues his growth here. True that he really needs to figure out how to play the big men in the NBA, and adding little more size wouldnt hurt him. Im happy that he knows how to attack the boards and score. There are some in the NBA who cant do either and are only there for 6 fouls.

I have no issue with disagreement, its your complete and utter arrogance that bothers me. Btw, since you seem to be the board know it all and I'm stuck in jury duty all day, what metrics, regression models, etc. did you employ to come up with your high end projections of 9/8? Please enlighten me since you didnt mention any of this when you made your projection, aka guess. Thanks in advance

For all your objections, you've basically agreed with the overall points that Dom, myself and others have made in this thread, on multiple occasions. All except this last point, really, regarding Vucivec, and the assertion that Hennigan made this trade because of his evaluation of Vucivec, even going so far as to say that Hennigan turned down the Nets trade in favor of this, so he must have seen something in Vucivec.

Let's address a couple of key points here.

First, one last revist to the timeline of the Nets trade and our ultimate 4 way battle royal. You made the point, earlier, that Rob didn't trade for Lopez, he traded for Vucivec, so he must have seen some greater value in Vucivec. Not only does this point completely ignore the fact that Lopez was due a sizable contract that would have hurt our cap flexibility, it also ignores the timeline of events. If you remember, when Hennigan first took up office with the Magic, his priority was not trading Dwight as soon as possible. He had to explore options and make his pitch to Dwight to see if he could get him to recommit to the team. That meeting happened July 26. By that time, the Nets had clearly taken themselves out of the running for Dwight by trading for Joe Johnson (July 11). So, it stands to reason, that by the time Hennigan was actually looking to trade Dwight, the Nets deal was not even an option, therefore, you can't say that he picked Vucivec over Lopez as an indicator of the supposed value he placed on Vucivec, to say nothing of the other reasons I mentioned earlier (financial etc.).

Second, the Magic did not want to take Bynum back in the trade. Finding a team to willing take on Bynum and getting back young prospects and a pick in return, while having an attractive piece of their own to move was no easy task, keeping in mind not only do they need to be willing and able, but all parties have to agree. You present it as if Hennigan targeted Philly specifically to get Vucivec, but I would say that's preposterous. I would point out that finding that willing dance partner was more important, and the pieces to make the money work was secondary. Now, certainly, after Philly moves into the conversation, Hennigan has to look at their roster to see which pieces make the trade work, and which pieces he wants to try to pry off of them, and that's when Vucivec comes into play. His body of work in his rookie season was nothing impressive, but he did have moments of decent play that suggested he could be a quality role player (and better than Spencer Hawes) with some work.

Trading with the Lakers was no easy task, considering that we didn't want what they had to give us in return. Pulling off a four team trade is never an easy task. With all of these factors taken into account, I don't see how one could suppose that Hennigans evaluation and ultimate assessment of worth concerning Vucivec was any sort of driving factor in that trade. He was a secondary (or tertiary) concern at best.

All of that being said, he has been impressive in terms of production versus expectations. I don't think anyone here thought he would even be the starter on this squad, let alone put up the numbers he has, and that's been a pleasant surprise. I think everyone here, as a fan of this team, hopes that Hennigan can make the most of that trade and turn it around, and ultimately, I think that's the real "hidden value" with the moves that were made. In terms of trade, and value returned, we definitely lost out, but Hennigan did manage to create possibility, he opened up some flexibility that could end up giving him the chance to make better moves, including that massive trade exception, but had we received a better return, he could have had more possibilities.

Just like DoM's "Mad Max" example. If I sold you $1,000,000 worth of gold for $100,000 worth of gasoline, I'm an idiot. If the world goes "Mad Max" on us 6 months later, and suddenly my gasoline is worth ten times as much, I'm still an idiot, because I should have had ten times as much gasoline to begin with.

• Upvote 2

Good argument, particularly with regards to the timing of events as it relates to Brooklyn. I believe I mentioned that my assertion that Hennigan chose Vuc over Lopez was over-simplified due to time constraints, namely my job, but I do acknowledge your point. I also understand DOM's point, I just don't appreciate being spoken to in a consistently condescending way. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that regard.

I wish both sides would stop arguing because in the end we're all losers for having to read the same thing over and over while each time getting longer and more condescending.

LOL, agreed. Everyone is so cynical on these internets.

• Upvote 1

I wish both sides would stop arguing because in the end we're all losers for having to read the same thing over and over while each time getting longer and more condescending.

I thought I was fairly concise actually, lol! Point taken though, lets move on

When Jareth is the voice of reason you know a thread has hit rock bottom.

I guess it is time move on and just agree to disagree.