Sign in to follow this  
LetsGoMagic

Trade Discussion Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

i heard a rumor that Haywood,and E.Thomas weren't getting along,so they were looking to trade Hyawood,we can throw Augustine in to give them a big.

Who would be dumb enough to trade away Haywood? Oh wait, I think we've already done that!!!

This works and would solidify us for years and help Seattle rebuild. We would have to trade Arroyo for Zaza also or for another big to take Darko's spot. Just a dream trade, but I like it...

Orlando Magic

Incoming Players

Rashard Lewis

Salary: $9,350,649 Years Remaining: 3

PTS: 21.9 REB: 6.8 AST: 2.4 PER: 22.16

Ray Allen

Salary: $14,611,570 Years Remaining: 4

PTS: 25.7 REB: 4.2 AST: 3.9 PER: 21.48

Outgoing Players: Grant Hill, Keyon Dooling, Darko Milicic

Seattle SuperSonics

Incoming Players

Grant Hill

Salary: $16,901,500 Years Remaining: 1

PTS: 14.7 REB: 4.0 AST: 2.5 PER: 17.63

Keyon Dooling

Salary: $3,348,000 Years Remaining: 1

PTS: 8.7 REB: 1.6 AST: 1.4 PER: 10.25

Darko Milicic

Salary: $5,218,622 Years Remaining: 1

PTS: 7.2 REB: 4.9 AST: 1.1 PER: 12.41

Outgoing Players: Rashard Lewis, Ray Allen

We could even include Hedo in place of Keyon if they wanted....

This way they would trade 2 starters, and get back 3 starters for this year, and resign whichever ones they wanted to keep.

They would be getting a good starting 3 and a young Quality big man.

Not that bad for either team....

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

The other interesting one was he said that Jerry West is no longer handcuffed now that the sale of the team fell through, so Mike Miller may be on the block.

That is a whole lot of info, personally I would go after Mike Miller, Ray Allen, or wait on Mo Pete.

Expect Jerry West & Memphis to become very active and it could go either way. They are more likely to go into a rebuilding mode, but there's a chance they will attempt to reload. How they opt to act with Eddie Jones' expiring contract will be the key. Expect to hear the names of Jones, Stoudamire, Miller, & Gasol mentioned a lot in the coming weeks.

I would be incredibly disappointed if we burned our cap space acquiring Mike Miller and I would call for Otis Smiths' head if our FA acquisition is Mo Pete.

Yikes! We wouldn't have to burn all of our cap space to get Miller, he makes 8.2 next year then, 9, 9.7 in 2009. If Mo Pete is our pickup he would cost less, just curious why do you dislike those 2 as pickups for this team? Who would be better for us?

I vote no major trade. Keep the young core that we have. Let them develop. Remember how excited we all were about our youth at the beginning of the year??? Now, people want to get rid of some of our young guns for older talent.

If that is what it takes to win right now, I'd rather lose.

Otis is putting something together that will win for years and years. Lets keep all our young guys... and win with these guys for the next 10 years.

JJ

Ariza

Howard

Darko

Nelson

Diener

Remember how excited we were about this future lineup? Lets not ruin it!

With my above trade scenerio, we would be deeper and better, and only give up one piece of our young core(Darko), to get Allen and Lewis.

PG Jameer, Travis, Dooling

SG Allen, JJ, Dooling, Bogans

SF Lewis, Ariza, Bogans

PF Zaza, Augustine, Battie, Outlaw, Garrity

C Howard, Battie

This Leaves us an opening to pick up another big for emergency center.

And this would also help JJ develop and take over Allens spot in a few years, what better teacher than Ray Allen for JJ.

Bhnole mentioned in one of the other threads that on 740 Schmitz and Goukis felt like Grant will retire after this season because the ankle has pain in after games.

Assuming that this is true wouldn't it make sense to trade him using the value of his expiring contract to pick up a piece that we need? If he's retiring we are not going to have him at the vet min next year anyhow so the way I see it is we can use that as a chip now or take our chances with what we can sign (or what is left to sign) in the offseason.

As i was reading most of the posts and threads of this site, i realised that many fans want otis to trade for Ray Allen, Vince Carter, Jason Kidd, etc.

I think we got a lot of depth in the SF, SG and PG position, with Turkoglu, Ariza (when he gets back) and maybe Bogans playing small forward, Hill, Dooling and JJ playing shooting guard and Nelson, Arroyo and Diener being the playmakers.

What we really need to improve our team right now, if we want to be a dangerous team in the playoffs, is a big guy, because we only have 3 decent post players in Howard, Battie and Milicic. Outlaw and Garrity are not producing anything right now, and Agustine is in the D-League, so i

90% of the teams in the league are looking for another big man.

As far as your wish list...

Dalembert, wouldn't want his contract

Frye, the Knicks have passed on several high profile trades because of their unwillingness to trade Frye.

Biedrins, trust, he's not available. They wouldn't trade him for any player on our roster not named Howard.

quote:

As i was reading most of the posts and threads of this site, i realised that many fans want otis to trade for Ray Allen, Vince Carter, Jason Kidd, etc.

I think we got a lot of depth in the SF, SG and PG position, with Turkoglu, Ariza (when he gets back) and maybe Bogans playing small forward, Hill, Dooling and JJ playing shooting guard and Nelson, Arroyo and Diener being the playmakers.

What we really need to improve our team right now, if we want to be a dangerous team in the playoffs, is a big guy, because we only have 3 decent post players in Howard, Battie and Milicic. Outlaw and Garrity are not producing anything right now, and Agustine is in the D-League, so i

quote:

Bhnole mentioned in one of the other threads that on 740 Schmitz and Goukis felt like Grant will retire after this season because the ankle has pain in after games.

Assuming that this is true wouldn't it make sense to trade him using the value of his expiring contract to pick up a piece that we need? If he's retiring we are not going to have him at the vet min next year anyhow so the way I see it is we can use that as a chip now or take our chances with what we can sign (or what is left to sign) in the offseason.

Absolutely! The free agent crop is limited allready by the current team's ability to offer a longer contract and more money. Unless the free agent is an undesireable, his current team is likely to resign him. This is why I have trouble with the knee-jerk reaction to trading Grant.

quote:
Originally posted by Big:

quote:

Absolutely! The free agent crop is limited allready by the current team's ability to offer a longer contract and more money. Unless the free agent is an undesireable, his current team is likely to resign him. This is why I have trouble with the knee-jerk reaction to trading Grant.

I doubt Otis makes a big deal at this point, if he trades Grant it will be just before the deadline when his value is the highest. That is when teams throw out their last minute bargain deals to unload a player they think they might lose in Free Agency.

My guess until then is he will shop Carlos, Dooling or Bogans for a backup big with an expiring contract. Just to see if anyone bites, if not he is in a good position to be patient and let trades come to him.