Sign in to follow this  
LetsGoMagic

Trade Discussion Thread

quote:
can we try to get J.J Barea from dallas?

It would be crazy having both Arroyo and Barea in this team, then again they both are subpar defenders. I still don't think it's possible tradewise, who would we give back to Dallas?

I'm officially ready to trade Hedo. Too soft, too inconsistent. Probably underperformed more than any player on the team this season.

I would take Maggette or Artest in a heart beat although I know we would never acquire Ron Artest.

Makes me sick every time I see Danny Granger play.

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

I'm officially ready to trade Hedo. Too soft, too inconsistent. Probably underperformed more than any player on the team this season.

I would take Maggette or Artest in a heart beat although I know we would never acquire Ron Artest.

Gabe, I agree with the assessment of Turk. I was as excited about his potential performance this season as anyone on the team. I even predicted that he would lead us in scoring. For whatever reason - Grant, Flu, Injuries - he has been extremely inconsistent. It is a shame, because he is our most versatile offensive player.

Having said that, I would not trade him for Maggette. I want to give Hedo more time to get right, at least another season, before I'm ready to say that I'm done with him. Now, Artest, that is a different story.

quote:
Originally posted by The Seventh Seal:

quote:
can we try to get J.J Barea from dallas?

It would be crazy having both Arroyo and Barea in this team, then again they both are subpar defenders. I still don't think it's possible tradewise, who would we give back to Dallas?

how about a second round draft pick turn for the next season?

quote:

I feel like I get kicked in the stomach everytime I think of Granger. The vision of Ariza and Granger locking down opponents at the 2 and 3 position is too much.

Here is a couple trades that fit:

Hedo, Carlos, and a future pick

for

Jason Richardson

(this way they get a Back-up PG and 6th man that can shoot, and future pick to build with)

Then:

G Hill, Bogans, Augie, and rights to Fran

for

Vince Carter, Mikki Moore

(they get a replacement for Carters spot in Bogans, and a replacement for Mikki's spot in Augie, with more potential, and future big man in Franny, along with Cap space to sign someone in the offseason)

Which leaves us with an Awesome Line-up of:

Jameer, Travis, Dooling

J-Rich, JJ, G Hill

Vince, Trevor

Darko, Mikki

Howard, Battie

Extras:

Garrity

Outlaw

This includes Resigning a waived G Hill, then we still have the Mid Level to sign someone in the off-season.

These trades would help all teams and are very realistic, I think. This way we get 2 very good players, and still have the mid-level.....

What do you think????

Just another note: This will allow us to keep our young core together, so that we should be a very good team for years to come...........

Jambo, your trades are on the level of fantasy b-ball ... way over the top. Plus, doing them wouldn't allow us to resign Darko this summer. I like your targets, though. How's this?

Orlando Magic

Incoming Players

Ray Allen

Salary: $14,611,570 Years Remaining: 4

PTS: 26.9 REB: 4.2 AST: 4.2 PER: 22.60

Danny Fortson

Salary: $6,596,990 Years Remaining: 1

PTS: 3.1 REB: 3.3 AST: 0.1 PER: 4.73

Seattle SuperSonics

Incoming Players

Travis Diener

Salary: $664,209 Years Remaining: 1

PTS: 4.5 REB: 0.9 AST: 1.6 PER: 13.23

Hedo Turkoglu

Salary: $5,883,600 Years Remaining: 4

PTS: 12.1 REB: 3.5 AST: 3.0 PER: 12.02

Grant Hill

Salary: $16,901,500 Years Remaining: 1

PTS: 15.1 REB: 4.2 AST: 2.5 PER: 18.17

Rights to Fran Vasquez

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

The 2005 draft is a day of infamy as far as I'm concerned, I vividly remember Granger being on the board and thinking to myself "****,we've lucked out, we're going to get Danny Granger".When the name Fran Vazquez was announced I began cursing the Magic braintrust vehemently. To this day I'm still livid with those morons!

I feel like I get kicked in the stomach everytime I think of Granger. The vision of Ariza and Granger locking down opponents at the 2 and 3 position is too much.

Well I can think of one trade that might pull us out of our funk. Trade point guards with Indiana. Armstrong for Diener, this would bring Darrel back to the fans who loved him. I can't think of anyone better to ignite some passion and instill energy to our team.

Jambo there are two big problems with your scenarios.

1) It would probably take more than Grant and Bogans to get Carter. I know you mentioned Augie and Fran but neither of them have any real trade value.

2) Golden State might do that trade and I would be ok with that. The problem is that if we somehow managed to get Richardson and Carter we are duplicating talent. Meaning we now have two swing players that both dominate the ball and basically play the same game. There's no way it would work.

I think we need another strong center, meaning good, the staff of this team should really react before its late... Ihave heard there was pau gasol that was like up for grabs, right nowwe couldafford som players for this one or for one like this one, milicic, battei, dooling... if this trade was to happened it will be great, we wont have a better team until we sacifice some stuff and right now our "regulars" aint doing what its supossed to be done so go out thereand search for nice talent.