Sign in to follow this  
LetsGoMagic

Trade Discussion Thread

thanks for the comment earlier kberto lol.

I'd have Gasol any day of the week. Just thinking of the tandem with Howard and Gasol in the post makes me ummmmmm,ummmmmm, it makes me feel, ummmmm?

Looks like Memphis is asking a very high price for him. The Bulls offered Gordon, PJ Brown (expiring contract) and their 1st rounder.

Memphis is asking for two of these three Deng, Gordon and Hinrich.

Gasol keeps having triple doubles like last night and West is going to be asking for half your team soon.

Wow! Check out this little nugget from Mr. knows everything about the NBA Chad Ford from his chat today:

quote:
Brett (Orlando): Would the Magic and Grizzlies entertain a deal of Grant Hill, Darko, and JJ for Miller and Gasol?

Chad Ford: You're dreaming ... but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Magic package Hill and Darko. Hill's been such a bust in Orlando, this may be the only moment when they might be able to get something of value for him given his expiring contract. And Darko ... what a mess. Brian Hill inexplicably plays Battie over Darko and Darko is not happy there. I think Orlando knows that they may have a long slog re-signing him this summer. He's a restricted free agent so they can match any offer, but if they play it that way, expect Darko's camp to drag their feet, essentially holding up all of the Magic's cap space (and chance to sign other free agents) before it's resolved. A package of Hill and Darko will be attractive to a lot of teams.

Interesting!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Wow! Check out this little nugget from Mr. knows everything about the NBA Chad Ford from his chat today:

quote:
Brett (Orlando): Would the Magic and Grizzlies entertain a deal of Grant Hill, Darko, and JJ for Miller and Gasol?

Chad Ford: You're dreaming ... but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Magic package Hill and Darko. Hill's been such a bust in Orlando, this may be the only moment when they might be able to get something of value for him given his expiring contract. And Darko ... what a mess. Brian Hill inexplicably plays Battie over Darko and Darko is not happy there. I think Orlando knows that they may have a long slog re-signing him this summer. He's a restricted free agent so they can match any offer, but if they play it that way, expect Darko's camp to drag their feet, essentially holding up all of the Magic's cap space (and chance to sign other free agents) before it's resolved. A package of Hill and Darko will be attractive to a lot of teams.

Interesting!

He talks a bunch of BS sometimes, but that really pisses me off. That Brian Hill's little games might have ruined Darko's spirit.

I am really starting to believe the real reason Otis went to Spain was to get a straight answer out of Fran. He needed to find out whether there was any chance to get him over this summer in case he had to trade Darko.

Considering that possibility is pretty much out the window. I expect Otis to put a lot of pressure on Brian to start Darko and try to damage control.

I am ready to trade anyone but Nelson, Ariza, and Howard. Otis keeps preaching patience. How can he be patient when Grant and Darko might walk this summer? The time to act for our future is NOW (before the trade deadline). Give us Ray, J-Rich, Pau, or Vince!!!

Here's a deal Memphis might go for,Turkoglu,Darko,JJ, for Paol Gasul,and Hakeem Warick. It give sthe Magic a Dynamic Duo,at the 4 and 5,with 2 players that copmlement eachother well.and in Warick a bachup 4 for Paol,and Toni can come off the bench for Dwight. Most important we keep G.Hill,and have a chance to sign VC for next year,imagine this starting 5(Nelson,Carter,Ariza,Gasul,Howard).JJ,and Darko will get plenty of pT in memphis,and probably both become allstar's,and Turk will fit in any team.

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

Here's a deal Memphis might go for,Turkoglu,Darko,JJ, for Paol Gasul,and Hakeem Warick. It give sthe Magic a Dynamic Duo,at the 4 and 5,with 2 players that copmlement eachother well.and in Warick a bachup 4 for Paol,and Toni can come off the bench for Dwight. Most important we keep G.Hill,and have a chance to sign VC for next year,imagine this starting 5(Nelson,Carter,Ariza,Gasul,Howard).JJ,and Darko will get plenty of pT in memphis,and probably both become allstar's,and Turk will fit in any team.

This makes no sense. The Grizzlies are asking for a crap load in return for Gasol. They're not going to take Turk, Darko & JJ for Gasol straight up, much less throw in Warrick.

My thoughts on movement this year.

Otis wants to make room for JJ, Augie, and Diener to get playing time. We have all figured out that Carlos's style of playing isnt working for our team. Nelson is our PG and we just need a Basketball IQ to go in there and fill the spot and just pass the ball and keep things moving while Nelson rest. I will assume Nelson to start getting 35+min a game. Diener is the best fit to just got in there and not try and be a allstar. We have recalled Augie from the D-League. I think Otis has a diffrent approach in the matter. He figured out this college boy can grab some rebounds and be aggressive. He also has the potential to score 20+ points. We will Keep all 4 bigs and no particular order D12, Batman, Augie and Darko. We will shop Arroyo and rights to fran for a draft pick this year to pick up another pick. Garrity will get moved to the IL as will Bo from time to time. This gives room for

To start

D12 C

Darko PF/C

Jameer PG

Turk SF

Hill SG

2nd Unit

Batman PF/C

Augie PF/C

Diener PG/SG

JJ SG

Dooling SG/PG

Active Reserves

Bo PF/C

Bogans SG

IL

Ariza (untill he heals, when he heals Bo goes to the IL)

Pat Garrity

When Pat and Bo retire this year we will still need a big to be in the IL. I see getting a rookie from the draft and rotating that rookie in and out of a Active reserve shooting guard spot maybe bogans or dooling.

With this play we keep our young core and our off the bench talent. Soon Grant will go to the second unit with Turkoglu. Reddick and Ariza will get the start.

Heck no, I wouldn't trade both of them. But, I would be more inclined to trade Grant. I'm not as sentimental as most around here about keeping Grant. Now don't get me wrong, great guy and upstanding citizen which is hard to come by in the nba. But, I would not shed a tear when he left. If we are looking to keep Grant for our own cap clearing move at the end of the season I say keep him, but we are still in the thick of things in the playoff race and either Carter or Allen is an upgrade in talent.

CoachTsurfing, I moved this from your Change in thinking thread to the trade discussion one so we can keep all the trade stuff in one place.