UEBERMORTAL

Is D12 the most overrated player in Magic's history?

His last playoff series was against the Hawks and yes he had a good stats in that series but too many turnovers. Just remember the key Game 6 in Atlanta if I am not mistaken he started the game with like 4 turnovers in first 4-5 minutes of the 1st quarter. In that series he was averaging almost 6 turnovers, mostly vs Collins and Pachulia and Hawks were not doubling him, shutting down our perimeter players. He was always struggling vs physical defense, getting frustrated, crying to refs, getting stupid offensive fouls and technicals. Remember series vs Pistons, Celtics, Lakers. In finals he had his first dunk in the second half of game 2. He dominated only during one playoff series vs Cavs but thats only because of Mike Browns poor decisions... As I have already said Dwight's basketball IQ is too low...last game vs Denver he got a key defensive rebound and just lost the ball making a kid's mistake, next possesion blocked shot too strong and directed the ball for the wide open three pointer. He could have saved the posession for his team. That is why Kobe is pissed off right now, Bryant is not an angel and he is part of their problems but at least he is not smiling and laughing during the losses and that what was really annoying when Howard played in Orlando. This stupid smile. KG openly calls him a clown...Once again, Dwight does not know and refuses to anticipate his limitations...he does not understand what is his role and SVG could not explain him that and it cost him his job. Dwight wants to be a guy but he never would, he just can't be trusted to have ball in his hands at the end of the important games-no polished offensive game, terrible FT shooting. He will be 28, not a kid anymore, he won't become better skill wise. He won't be jumping and dunking his all career, he is already not the same player he was. So, I do not see any bright future for him. Best case scenario, he is going to win his ring as a veteran in his late 30s playing for minimum. In his prime he is not going to win anything.

He is gone man, let it go. While in Orlando he was the best center in the league by far, mostly due to his D. I would put him behind only Shaq and T Mac and tied or nearly tied with Nick Anderson in Magic history.

BTW, I cannot stand him now either. but it does not take away from the fact that he was dominant while here.

I don't dwell over his time here, though I do root against LA. However, I find it funny that he couldn't stand Stan always harping on him and preaching defense. Now that he isn't changing the game on D as much, he really hasn't been as dominant. I realize his back could still be bothering him, but maybe Jeff VanGundy was right when he said Dwight owed a lot of his success to Stan.

I don't dwell over his time here, though I do root against LA. However, I find it funny that he couldn't stand Stan always harping on him and preaching defense. Now that he isn't changing the game on D as much, he really hasn't been as dominant. I realize his back could still be bothering him, but maybe Jeff VanGundy was right when he said Dwight owed a lot of his success to Stan.

I resent Dwight and therefore root against him and LA. However, he was not overrated when he was here. He was the key piece that led us to the level of success that we found during his tenure here. The most overrated player in Magic history is Rashard Lewis. Of course, he was only overrated because Otis Smith paid him far more than he was worth.

Dwight is what he is a physically dominant player that actually has gotten more immature as he has gotten older.

As most over rated I would go with Steve Francis.

Dwight's heart, Dwight's character, Dwight's commitment to the team, Dwight's professionalism were all massively overrated. His talent, however, is not.

Disagree. Heart, character and commitment were all there expect his last year. He's not better than Shaq, but Howard was and still is a beast even though I don't like him anymore.

Howard may seem overrated now because the Lakers are playing horrible and have a losing record. I've seen some games and looked up the stats just about every time and Howard is doing the usual. There is simply no chemistry and Kobe is taking 100+ shots a game

Dwight's heart, Dwight's character, Dwight's commitment to the team, Dwight's professionalism were all massively overrated. His talent, however, is not.

Not sure I agree with this either. He was the star on a team of misfits (with the exception of Nelson, Reddick and BBD) last year and the years previous were pretty much the same. He might not have been the most committed player on the team, but I think even the most committed player on a team would grow tired of the former GM's actions.

It's funny how many people have done a complete 180 on Dwight now that he's no longer a member of the Magic. I don't know what happened to that "Greatest player to have played for the Magic" thread from last season but the overwhelming majority of the people in that thread voted for Dwight as the greatest player ever to wear a Magic jersey. I remember because I argued with a few people that it clearly was Shaq and that it wasn't even that close of a debate.

It's funny how many people have done a complete 180 on Dwight now that he's no longer a member of the Magic. I don't know what happened to that "Greatest player to have played for the Magic" thread from last season but the overwhelming majority of the people in that thread voted for Dwight as the greatest player ever to wear a Magic jersey. I remember because I argued with a few people that it clearly was Shaq and that it wasn't even that close of a debate.

Umm... Wait. Doesn't that prove he was overrated?

• Upvote 1

Umm... Wait. Doesn't that prove he was overrated?

Overrated perhaps in terms of him being a better player than Shaq. He's still easily the second best player to ever play for the Magic.

The people stating Howard is the most overated people in Magic history have no real logic to base their beliefs. Just look at the opening post. The guy who started this based his entire reasoning (at least according to what he typed) on two games Lakers games he recently watched.