Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=aa6vh7q

Let's try to make another trade with the Nugs. Chandler and Mozgov for Redick and Ayon.

We are getting a small foward which can score the ball and the Blake Griffin trampoline. Denver get's Redick and Ayon.

I better see some draft picks if I'm taking on long term salary for mediocre talent.

I didn't realize Chandler was making as much money as he is now. Agree there would need to be a pick in there since it seems like a lateral move on our end for the most part.

• Upvote 2

The more i learn about this draft, the more I'm afraid to put my hope into one specific prospect. All of these guys have significant risk with selecting them in the top 3. Shabazz could become Monta Ellis or Jodie meeks. McLemore could become Paul Pierce or he could become Keith Bogans. Noel could be Ben Wallace or he could become Stromile Swift.

There's always a bust factor with any player coming into the draft but not one of these players makes me say "There! Thats a guy whose going to succeed in the NBA".

The more i learn about this draft, the more I'm afraid to put my hope into one specific prospect. All of these guys have significant risk with selecting them in the top 3. Shabazz could become Monta Ellis or Jodie meeks. McLemore could become Paul Pierce or he could become Keith Bogans. Noel could be Ben Wallace or he could become Stromile Swift.

There's always a bust factor with any player coming into the draft but not one of these players makes me say "There! Thats a guy whose going to succeed in the NBA".

I personally think McLemore is the safest pick in the top 3. Noel scares me because he's so darn thin and he doesn't appear have the frame to get a whole lot bigger...he may get pushed around at the next level. Shabazz seems to be a one trick pony and I'm just not that impressed with his me first offensive game. McLemore has an NBA body and although he seems to be more of a spot up shooter at the moment, I believe he has the talent to expand his offensive game as he gains experience. I agree with others who have suggested trading down a few spots if Smart is our guy...I don't see him as a top 3 talent, although he does fill a need for our team

The things about Noel is that the same things was said about Marcus Camby. It took Camby awhile too. Camby was real skinny and so was Tyson Chandler for a while. If Noel commits to fitness and nutrition, there is no reason why he can't get bigger like those guys did.

I read on hoopsworld saying that Marc Stein said that Evan Turner is available. Reddick for Turner?

Shabazz would be a waste of a lottery pick. He might be okay one day but he needs to realize that he's not that good right now and has to work on his game immensely.

Look at *how* he scores, he leaks out in transition every time the ball goes up and crashes the offensive glass as aggressively as possible instead of running back on defense. Thus far he hasn't shown that he can pass, dribble or defend well at the college level. He's averaging less than an assist per game, how does a wing do that?

I don't watch CBB that much but from what I read, I think Henny wouldn't pick Shabazz even if Noel and McLemore had already been picked.

The good thing though, is that even if our 2013 pick ends up being somewhat of a bust (we get someone like Jodie Meeks, as mentioned before) that person would still be a valuable player and we would still be terrible in 2014, thus getting a good pick in a said stronger draft class.