Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

I understand the need to capitalize on our assets while we can I just don't like the return on the MIL trade, that is all. That doesn't make someone on the other side of logic and reason by any means. I guess if I liked Harris as much as Rob does I would be more content with this. I wasn't aware of his demeanor but after further research he seems to have a professional attitude and work ethic. He still is likely going the way of Ryan Humphrey though. Gotta have faith in the process I guess.

I understand the need to capitalize on our assets while we can I just don't like the return on the MIL trade, that is all. That doesn't make someone on the other side of logic and reason by any means. I guess if I liked Harris as much as Rob does I would be more content with this. I wasn't aware of his demeanor but after further research he seems to have a professional attitude and work ethic. He still is likely going the way of Ryan Humphrey though. Gotta have faith in the process I guess.

Even if Harris or Lamb don't work out, it is better than the nothing we get when JJ walks. He was going to walk too, the Magic were NOT committing long term salary to him, that is obvious.

I'm disappointed we didn't get a pick, but I'm happy we made the right rebuilding decision and got young players. My only complaint about Henny's moves so far is the lack of draft picks, but his hands have been pretty tied.

All you have to do to feel better is to understand one thing. Rob knows more than you do when it comes to assembling a basketball team for the future. Trust him, kick back, relax, and let's see how all this plays out. I, for one, am on board for the ride.

• Upvote 1

gym rat

Not true. Dont expect for us to continue signing young players for years to come.

Expect a few veteran signing either this summer or next year. The team wants to be a contender again in 2 years.

Dont expect for us to be the bobcats.

I would bet we do nothing to improve this team in the summer (short term). I would hope Parker and Wiggins would encourage our gm to make us twice as bad as Charlotte. We need to be bad enough to break the all time loss record as far as Im concerned.

Harris wasn't getting minutes for the bucks, but so wasnt vucevic last year with the sixers and look at him now. I dont know a single thing about harris or the other guy in the trade, but I sure know henny and im confident!

• Upvote 2

Both trade showed that Rob is a great GM. The Redick trade is exactly what we asked for and the Bobcat trade shows a lot of smarts. Like you guys give a damn that Devos has to pay 1m more. He doesn't count against our cap in a way that inhibits us from signing a FA, not that we should care.

Which FA do think will want to sign with a Magic? Rob is not a great GM. He is inexperienced kid. He gives away a good player for nothing in return, but keeps injury prone Nelson, and Turk. A great gm would have landed a quality player to build a team around.

• Downvote 1

I can't read through this whole thread for the information I am looking for.

How does the McRoberts trade effect the trade exception? I didn't get a clear answer on what I read.

What trade exceptions do the Magic have?

I thought they had one good until Aug 2013 for over $17 million - is that somehow extended or did we get a second one or did that one change?

Anyone in the know want to explain? I guess that would explain the McRoberts for Warrick trade right? Any other reason to do it if no trade exception involved?

Brian K. Schmitz‏@MagicInsider

League source says Magic Al Harrington, out all season with knee issues, could play next week

Also, Hennigan mentioned that waiving Warrick will open up a roster spot that could be used for a D-League player. Here's the Skyforce's roster, which is Orlando's affiliate:

http://www.nba.com/dleague/siouxfalls/statistics/

I'll take Goudelock or Varnado.