Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

as of now Vucevic is not a player you can build around. He is a player you can build with (same with Nicholson). So if the right offer comes along, why not? I'll give Harkless till next season, but really he hasn't shown much this season to absolutely keep him. So I totally agree with Miller; The bank of Hennigan should be open 24x7.

As an addendum, how do you guys feel about a scenario where on draft night we trade Vucevic for the draft rights to Noel? I think that would set us up really nicely: we'd have two rookies next season then the following season (obviously we won't be good), get our high pick AND another late first round pick from Denver. Basically it's a bet that we won't have a centerpiece by summer of 2015 when Vucevic will be up for an extension. We could also get another mid first round pick in 2015 from the Sixers so long as they make the playoffs this season.

If you have a problem with me, meet me by the swingset after school.

I'm not one to condone violence as a solution to anything, and I highly doubt such a confrontation would result in anything other than a very painful experience for both of us. If I'm clear, based on statements you made (I think?) we're both trained fighters in very good shape.

Also I have no problem with you baby, stop it.

As an addendum, how do you guys feel about a scenario where on draft night we trade Vucevic for the draft rights to Noel?

Draft night is the only night where every single rookie gets severely overrated. No team will accept Vucevic for Noel.

Draft night is the only night where every single rookie gets severely overrated. No team will accept Vucevic for Noel.

Lets hope not anyways. Vuc is a proven commodity at this point and Noel was a gamble even before the injury, especially at #1 overall. If we draft Noel I assume it would be because we got bumped out of the top 3 and missed out on McLemore and Smart, and I could live with that. But there's no way I'd trade Vuc for him

I think a team would do that trade, but I would not trade him. You dont trade a 7'0 22 year old big like nick, on a rookie contract, for a project big that may work out on def. Nick is in the top 5 in double doubles and already one of the best rebounders in the middle. He has a nice touch around the basket, good hands to catch and range on his shot. So he is a building block; especially in a league were big men are hard to get and grossly over paid.

I think jj can play 6 more years, because of his skill set and the fact that his game does not involve athleticism. So if we sign him, it would not be the end of the world. though, I do believe we should make a trade with him, for a talent like bledseo or a pick.

He suggest everyone is available for the right price, including one of the few, young bright spots that have a chance to be a top 3 player on this team for years to come.

That's blowing it up. To have nobody protected from a possible deal.

Jerks.

He suggest everyone is available for the right price, including one of the few, young bright spots that have a chance to be a top 3 player on this team for years to come.

That's blowing it up. To have nobody protected from a possible deal.

Jerks.

Ha...bunch of meanies!

I don't want Vucevic traded, but if the right deal came along, I'd be fine. But the right deal won't come along because it would take too much to get him at this point. If anyone gets traded it will be JJ, McBob, Ayon, Harrington, etc. the young guys won't be moved, but if we got the right deals to make our rebuilding process go smoother, then do it.

As of now Vucevic is not a player you can build around. He is a player you can build with (same with Nicholson).

Nicely stated. Given we have no stars, all should be on the block. That said, I don't see Vooch going anywhere, even for Noel or any other pick in this coming draft.

I think a team would do that trade, but I would not trade him. You dont trade a 7'0 22 year old big like nick, on a rookie contract, for a project big that may work out on def. Nick is in the top 5 in double doubles and already one of the best rebounders in the middle. He has a nice touch around the basket, good hands to catch and range on his shot. So he is a building block; especially in a league were big men are hard to get and grossly over paid.

I think jj can play 6 more years, because of his skill set and the fact that his game does not involve athleticism. So if we sign him, it would not be the end of the world. though, I do believe we should make a trade with him, for a talent like bledseo or a pick.

Looks like Bledsoe would bring a better return than JJ

I personally think Noel (when healthy) will be just as good Vucevic AND a game changer on defense. I mean, Vucevic is good but at the end of the day he's still averaging 12/11. He's not putting up mind-blowing stats here.

I think a good trade would be something like Vucevic+Turk for Noel draft rights+fillers. Receiving team gets a player NOW and can waive Turk to save money. We get the better player in the end.