Soul Bro

Most Impressive, Most Disappointing

Impressive

Jameer: 4-2 with him healthy. Assists all over the place and timely scoring.

Glen: Knows his role, starting to play much more efficiently.

Mo: Defense and rebounding. Has an offensive game that can be developed into something terrifying.

Disappointing

AA on defense

Goose

Vaughn - stop playing McRoberts, PLEASE

Disappointing

Vaughn - stop playing McRoberts, PLEASE

This seems to be a reoccurring theme but I don't really understand the issue. Is it because you want the rookies to have more mins or do you think his too slow for the SF position? It is my understanding his out there for his defense and rebounding, I think ideally DeQuan was meant to play this role but McRoberts seems to be out playing him. Also I'm a big fan of making rookies earn their minutes, it seems to help with the development, it is something Stan did very well too (See JJ).

Most Impressive (continued):

• Henny ...

PHILADELPHIA -- Saying Andrew Bynum's knees "are not the same" as when they traded for him in August, the Philadelphia 76ers are now not sure when Bynum will be able to play for them -- if he plays for them at all. Two weeks after the team announced they hoped Bynum would be cleared to return to practice on Dec. 10, Sixers general manager Tony DiLeo said Saturday the team no longer has any timeline for Bynum to return....

Bynum is in the final year of his contract that pays him $16.5 million. The Sixers traded All-Star Andre Iguodala, young prospects Moe Harkless and Nikola Vucevic and a future first-round pick to get Bynum and veteran guard Jason Richardson. They had hoped to sign him to a long-term contract next summer. DiLeo said the team is still hoping Bynum will heal but admits it is already having to look at other scenarios.

I've been very pleasantly surprised by Moe and Nikola. Having those two young cats and three first rounders, along with having dumped significant salary, makes me a lot more pleased than having traded for Bynum. A lot of analysts need to eat crow and applaud Henny for his wise management. Dude is a ninja.

http://espn.go.com/n...rs-indefinitely

Most Impressive (continued):

• Henny ...

[/color]

I've been very pleasantly surprised by Moe and Nikola. Having those two young cats and three first rounders, along with having dumped significant salary, makes me a lot more pleased than having traded for Bynum. A lot of analysts need to eat crow and applaud Henny for his wise management. Dude is a ninja.

http://espn.go.com/n...rs-indefinitely

Now they're calling him an idiot for passing on Lopez. You can't win with the morons that most sports fans/announcers are.

Now they're calling him an idiot for passing on Lopez. You can't win with the morons that most sports fans/announcers are.

Later in the season when Lopez has foot problems again and joins Bynum for the rest of the season in a suit then "those guys" won't have much to say :D

• Upvote 1

a team that experienced grant hill would never like to see an injured player signed to a big contract. we understand what it can do to a team.

+Plus:

Nikola Vucevic: This kid is 22 and stole the starting spot from Ayon. It was partly due to Ayon's injury, but Vucevic is a welcome surprise to me. He can spread the floor with his mid-range shot and if he has any potential at all, can improve on his post game. Not a defensive stopper by any means, but he still is a tall body in the paint and is averaging around 1.5 blocks per game. We can certainly make him into a PF as well if we can acquire another capable starting center.

J.J. Redick: J.J. just keeps improving. He came out of the gate strong this season but has cooled off a bit. We all know that J.J. can score, but his playmaking ability has me rooting for him to stay on this team for the long haul. Offensively, he runs the offense just as well as Jameer in halfcourt sets, directs traffic to spread the floor, and executes the pick and roll efficiently when called upon. Redick , defensively, has been okay, but he really does close out on almost every shot on the perimeter. Runs the floor and hits clutch shots.

Harkless, Nicholson, and Jones: These young guys have talent. Harkless and Nicholson show promise (mostly Harkless on defense, and Nicholson on offense). Hopefully we can develop them into some solid players going forward. Dequan Jones was just a huge surprise for me with his talent. Jones probably won't buy time when he and Hedo come back from their injuries, but to make this team with his play won me over.

Josh McRoberts: I really thought he was going to be a dud from what I saw in the preseason, but his play this season has forced me to think otherwise. Despite the displeasure from other members of the board, I think McRoberts has a solid role on this team. On offense, he runs the floor on fast breaks (great mobility for his size), sets solid screens and looks for teammates to score. If need be, he can hit the open shot, whether inside or outside the arc. Defensively, he surprisingly holds his own. High flying dunks don't hurt as well.

E'twan Moore's shooting: This kid can flat out shoot. While best at the catch-and-shoot, he's great off the dribble as well.

Glen Davis' Hustle: I don't like his game that much, but he does put his heart out there on hustle plays. He may loose the ball, but he's gonna try his hardest to get it back.

gsp090110.jpg

I am not Impressed:

Ish Smith: Thought Ish was going to get a shot at the 2nd string PG spot, but he just hasn't shown the capability to run an offense... or grab an inbounds pass.

Gustavo Ayon: Ayon just looks lost out there sometimes. He was supposed to be a huge acquisition for us, to start for the team, but with the injuries and lack of improvement thus far..it's really disappointing.

E'twan Moore at PG: Moore has very poor court vision and limits the ability to spread the court when he controls the offense. He's a great offensive player, but not at PG at this stage.

Overall, I'm surprised at how this squad is winning games and staying competitive. I mean, it's not like we're absolutely terrible; the Magic blew up the team from last year and everyone is still trying to gel together as a cohesive unit. Are we a .500 squad? Maybe, maybe not. In time, we shall see. For now, I see this team only getting better, through the draft or with the development of our young talent.

Most Impressive AND Most Disappointing:

-Big Baby.... I love this guy's intensity and hustle. He's fun to watch. However, I really hope we trade him. He presses so hard, takes so many poor shots and is a black hole on offense. I want to develop Vuc, Nicholson and Harkless, and that won't be happening sharing the court with Baby.

Most Impressive AND Most Disappointing:

-Big Baby.... I love this guy's intensity and hustle. He's fun to watch. However, I really hope we trade him. He presses so hard, takes so many poor shots and is a black hole on offense. I want to develop Vuc, Nicholson and Harkless, and that won't be happening sharing the court with Baby.

bigbrick.jpg

For most recent play...

Most Impressive:

• Nelson - Playing like mighty mouse
  • Redick - Playing like an assassin
  • Davis - Playing like a felt covered wrecking ball
  • Vuc - Playing with humility ... while delivering on potential (LOVE his demeanor)
  • Affalo - Playing like he wants to be THE guy

Most Disappointing:

• Moore - Playing too slow and pressing with shots
  • The Professor - Playing too slow and pressing with shots
  • Harkless - Looks a bit lost and uncomfortable (early Ariza 2.0?)
  • Ayon - Looks like he has a low BB IQ

This young team has LOADS of potential. Go Magic!

• Upvote 1

I figure we could create an ongoing list for the 2012-2013 Magic season of the most impressive and disappointing players.

Most Impressive:

• Henny - For dumping salary, not picking up Bynum and getting some young guns
  • Jacque - For good, young leadership
  • Redick - A great team guy. Love that's he's stepped up
  • Moore - Dude looks like a very promising floor leader
  • Affalo - Toughness and shooting. Like it
  • Vucevic - Love the quiet, consistent effort. Find the weight room

Most Disappointing:

• Baby - Dude I love you but involve your team more. You're like an automatic bazooka out there at times
  • Moe - Where are you, kid? Come on, man!
  • Ayon - Please learn the defense. Please!
  • Ish - How are you in the league? Surprise us, please!

I really hope we keep JJ. As for Baby, he's always been wildly erratic in the regular season; always shows up in the postseason, though.