Sign in to follow this  
flakxd

How many wins can this team get from hustle alone??

Sure, we're not the most talented or experienced team in the NBA. We have a bunch of young, unproven players who are hungry and eager to leave their mark. I have a feeling this team will win several games from simply out-working, out-hustling, & grinding down our opponents.

Can't get our hopes up too high, but what an amazing start to this season.....couldn't have scripted it any better. 80 games to go, let the grind begin!!

Sure, we're not the most talented or experienced team in the NBA. We have a bunch of young, unproven players who are hungry and eager to leave their mark. I have a feeling this team will win several games from simply out-working, out-hustling, & grinding down our opponents.

Can't get our hopes up too high, but what an amazing start to this season.....couldn't have scripted it any better. 80 games to go, let the grind begin!!

I think away games may be our undoing (in terms of reaching the playoffs).

As long as JJ and/or Jameer don't suffer long bouts of injury then I think we'll be competitve til the end.

I'm not even thinking about playoffs. JJ & Jameer are obviously very valuable, but BB is the key (gotta stay healthy). His energy & hustle is absolutely contagious out there on the court. When you're a 21 year old youngin coming off the bench, and you see BB going 100%, how could you not enter the game giving it your all??

On hustle alone? None.

Hustle can be the difference in who wins and who loses in a game between two equal teams, and it can even help a slightly lesser team beat a better team on occasion, but it can't do that consistently, and it certainly isn't going to help a team lacking in talent to beat a team that is far superior to them.

Don't be so quick to dismiss the marginal talent the team actually does have.

it can even help a slightly lesser team beat a better team on occasion,
exactly what I'm asking.....whole purpose of this thread. I could see this team outhustling just about everybody this year, resulting in an extra 8-15+ wins that we wouldn't ordinarily get with this amount of talent/experience/cohesiveness. This is the question I'm posing to all the experts on this board who know much more than I do and who follow this team closer than I am able to.

Don't be so quick to dismiss the marginal talent the team actually does have

I'm not, that's why I stated playoffs this year are not even on my conscious at this moment. Oh how sweet that would be though........

I think our marginal talent will magnify as players we already had... at least Meer, JJ, and Big Baby step out of Dwight's shadow. Combined that with the attitude and efforts of our new players the new MAGIC could possibly even surprise us diehard fans! Add in a coach that that is sharp enough to make substitutions at the right time and the fact that we haven't really even seen 2 of our better players play yet,, who knows?

I think away games may be our undoing (in terms of reaching the playoffs).

As long as JJ and/or Jameer don't suffer long bouts of injury then I think we'll be competitve til the end.

That's what I was thinking. I want to see us on the road. But until that happens, let's enjoy this! :cheers:

I've seen hustle out there but it's certainly not one of the bigger reasons we've won these past two games. People tend to attribute hustle to key wins when it's a collective effort (no definitive player of the game). Truth is, there's a decent amount of talent on this team that gels very well together.

I like to think poise had more to do with last night's win than any kind of hustle. Hustle doesn't get you out of a double-digit deficit; focus does.

I've seen hustle out there but it's certainly not one of the bigger reasons we've won these past two games. People tend to attribute hustle to key wins when it's a collective effort (no definitive player of the game). Truth is, there's a decent amount of talent on this team that gels very well together.

I like to think poise had more to do with last night's win than any kind of hustle. Hustle doesn't get you out of a double-digit deficit; focus does.

Hustle doesn't produce a 40 point quarter, talent does.