barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

I'm impressed with Harkless. At the beginning of the season just the thought of him shooting a 3 made me cringe but he's attempted at least 1 3 in each of his last 5 games and is shooting 60%. You can see he's been really working on trying to get better on offense and given a full summer league and training camp he should continue to improve on both ends of the floor.

Btw we might just field the most dominant summer league team of all time this off-season lol.

It's becoming a real chore to watch this team play. This team is the complete opposite of the 03-04 team that went 21-61. There's no flair with this team - no charisma or an underdog spirit. This team is just boring. The 03-04 guys were lovable losers. It was a blast watching every game, and they forced me to root for victories even though winning didn't benefit the future of the franchise. With this new bunch, I wish I could just simulate it all to the end like life was 2k13.

It's becoming a real chore to watch this team play. This team is the complete opposite of the 03-04 team that went 21-61. There's no flair with this team - no charisma or an underdog spirit. This team is just boring. The 03-04 guys were lovable losers. It was a blast watching every game, and they forced me to root for victories even though winning didn't benefit the future of the franchise. With this new bunch, I wish I could just simulate it all to the end like life was 2k13.

Last night's game was terrible but this team is really fun to watch. Hedo and Duhon are gone and it's cool to watch the young guys develop. Harkless is becoming a stud

Last night's game was terrible but this team is really fun to watch. Hedo and Duhon are gone and it's cool to watch the young guys develop. Harkless is becoming a stud

Not for me. There's no panache with these guys. Without that, all I'm left with is a bunch of guys who can't run an offense or stop anyone on defense. I'm not a gluten for punishment, so it's no fun watching bad basketball for the sake of watching bad basketball.

I'm certainly glad they're are bad as they are, though.

I do agree that it's rough to watch these guys play but expecting inexperienced rookies to win games consistently is a bit too much. I watch these games expecting us lose hell I expect blowouts on a constant basis but I watch these games to see the improvement of all our young prospects. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would love to see Vuc and Nicholson work with someone like Olajuwon or Mutombo over the summer and help improve their game. Each player that has done so has come back with significant progress in their game. Harkless is getting better and better each and every game and the dude is only 19! O'Quinn needs to have control and not foul so much but the dude is all hustle on the floor. Tobias Harris might be the biggest steal of the trade deadline especially if JJ doesn't resign and T12 keeps his level of play. E'Twant Moore Shots is not a PG, period. Doran Lamb is quite possibly going to struggle for a spot next year. All in all, we just have to take these losses as a learning experience more than anything.

• Upvote 1

The 03-04 team absolutely blew chunks. They lost like 21 in a row and got Doc fired. I think you might be confusing that team with the heart and hustle team or something. Also that team had no young prospects like Vuc, Harkless, and Harris to watch grow. You must be thinking of the wrong team

The 03-04 team absolutely blew chunks. They lost like 21 in a row and got Doc fired. I think you might be confusing that team with the heart and hustle team or something. Also that team had no young prospects like Vuc, Harkless, and Harris to watch grow. You must be thinking of the wrong team

I'm most certainly not. That season is one of my favorites. I thought it was awesome watching that team play. Every game was like a game 7 for me, and when they did win, it was exhilarating. Like I said in the earlier post, there was a "lovable loser" effect taking place with them, something this team lacks from my perspective.