barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

I think we are playing Hedo so that we can prove there's nothing left in the tank and we won't feel bad buying him out next season. IMO people were thinking Ish had the potential to be better than Duhon... at least he could get the ball past half court. I would say he's done in the NBA after this season. I think we might have had a shot at the playoffs if it were not for injuries. Now that we really don't I hope all the teams below us make trades that make them pass us in the standings.

Ish does have potential to be better than Duhon. Time is on his side, but so far he isn't improving all too much.

Duhon could hit the occasional three and also do his best impression of Anthony Johnson while attempting to bring the ball up the court. I liked his three guitar as well.

I think we are playing Hedo so that we can prove there's nothing left in the tank and we won't feel bad buying him out next season. IMO people were thinking Ish had the potential to be better than Duhon... at least he could get the ball past half court. I would say he's done in the NBA after this season. I think we might have had a shot at the playoffs if it were not for injuries. Now that we really don't I hope all the teams below us make trades that make them pass us in the standings.

I don't know why everyone is so determined to buy Hedo out. His contract becomes an asset next season. As long as we don't play him, it won't hurt to have him on the bench. It's not like he is a locker room cancer.

Ha. Were people actually saying that?

Yes.

Also, I'm going to go ahead and link to this post of mine from October, because it's hilarious, and it further proves that I'm probably a wizard.

Maybe that means that sometime around February this entire board will spontaneously all have like totally always believed that Ish Smithwasn't the answer at point guard.
  • Upvote 1

Ish isn't good but he's been better lately than Duhon ever was last year. Ish put the team on his shoulders last night and shows flashes. Can't teach his speed and athleticism. That block last night was nuts. Coaching and he can be a servicable point guard. Duhon is worthless.

And Dunlap posted this tidbit this AM: since being the starter, Harkless has averaged 12 points, 7 boards, and 2 steals shooting 46%. Kid's got confidence and is starting to play better.

Since starting AGAIN, just to clarify.

Harkless just needs more confidence, refinement, and work on his perimeter shooting. Kids gonna be OK.

What do you think his ceiling is? I think Ariza is a bit low.

Better defensive version of Gay. Maybe if the offense never comes full fledge, a Batum w/o the consistent 3.

His first pull up jumper last night looked Durant-Ish due to his length though. I popped chub.

What do you think his ceiling is? I think Ariza is a bit low.

He's Ariza-like in terms of defensive ability, but I think his offense will ultimately be a notch or two above what Trevor brings...assuming his shooting continues to improve, which it should with hard work. He's already shown some improvement this season, which may relate more to his increased confidence than anything else. Missing training camp clearly hurt, but he looks like a different player over the last week or so. If he had come out of the gate playing the way he has lately we would all be going crazy...its clear the guy possesses a ton of natural talent. Should be fun seeing how he plays and develops over the second half of the season. He kinda reminds me of an 18 yr. old T-Mac, and yes I realize he's 19...I mean when McGrady was 18.

Ish isn't good but he's been better lately than Duhon ever was last year. Ish put the team on his shoulders last night and shows flashes.

He was 2 for 7 for 4 points.

Also, and in the grand scheme of things this is a pretty major point: whether Ish is better than Duhon is completely irrelevant to whether or not Ish is a not-terrible player. Anthony Avent was substantially better than Geert Hammink was, but that doesn't mean Avent was ever anything other than a worthless pile of ****.

• Upvote 1