barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

Surprise, surprise, Stern wants to get rid of Hack-a-Howard.

“I would have liked to have seen the rule changed to make the last-two-minute rule the whole rule,” he said. “It was getting to a point last year where, [in the] first period, they were just grabbing players. I think that’s ludicrous.

“We tried to change it to any time in the game because last year I guess it was everyone was fouling

Tiago Splitter early on and the committee didn’t want to do it. And so that’s just the way it is. Because the reality is that there are a lot of basketball purists — and I understand that point of view — who say, ‘Hey, why don’t you learn to shoot foul shots? You’re supposed to be a pro.’”

Didn't we call this? Things are only important when they happen to Boston or LA (and now Miami). Everyone else is just a sideshow.

76ers are looking for a scorer off the bench... Time to dangle JJ and see what's up.

Don't they have Nick Young and Dorrell Wright? What the Dwight are they doing there?

Didn't we call this? Things are only important when they happen to Boston or LA (and now Miami). Everyone else is just a sideshow.

Exactly. I don't remember hearing anything from Stern when Douche-bag Dwight set an NBA record for FTA in a game specifically because of Hack-A-Howard.

• Upvote 1

Exactly. I don't remember hearing anything from Stern when Douche-bag Dwight set an NBA record for FTA in a game specifically because of Hack-A-Howard.

Seriously, but now that one of his most profitable teams have fallen victim to this hack-a-Howard defense he has to put a stop to it. So glad this is sterns final year.

We need to keep JJ. He wants to be here and deserves to retire here.

Business over emotions.

I love the guy and he's been a great piece for this franchise, but if a great offer is made, you'd be foolish to not, at the very least, consider.

Why do I feel like after this season the league will mysteriously implement rules that make it harder to intentionally foul lol

Surprise, surprise, Stern wants to get rid of Hack-a-Howard.

“I would have liked to have seen the rule changed to make the last-two-minute rule the whole rule,” he said. “It was getting to a point last year where, [in the] first period, they were just grabbing players. I think that’s ludicrous.

“We tried to change it to any time in the game because last year I guess it was everyone was fouling

Tiago Splitter early on and the committee didn’t want to do it. And so that’s just the way it is. Because the reality is that there are a lot of basketball purists — and I understand that point of view — who say, ‘Hey, why don’t you learn to shoot foul shots? You’re supposed to be a pro.’”

Oh... That's why... The sooner Stern retires the better. The guy never did anything when Dwight was shooting a crazy amount of FT's against the Warriors whilst he was wearing a Magic uniform.