barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

I'm very curious to see how JV will handle substitutions once Hedo and Al return.

My thoughts are:

Jones probably won't see the court at all and McRoberts will see fewer minutes, if he's not traded before the deadline. Al might also play at the 4 which could cut back time for Ayon/Nicholson/O Quinn. I don't actually expect Hedo to play great periods of time though with how successful our Meer/Redick/Afflalo lineup has been of late however if he does then I don't think Redick and Afflalo will see as many minutes, which won't be too bad considering they'll be a lot fresher for games on back to backs etc

Of course, this is Vaughn who occasionally baffles everyone with his substitutions and so who knows?

My thoughts are:

Jones probably won't see the court at all and McRoberts will see fewer minutes, if he's not traded before the deadline. Al might also play at the 4 which could cut back time for Ayon/Nicholson/O Quinn. I don't actually expect Hedo to play great periods of time though with how successful our Meer/Redick/Afflalo lineup has been of late however if he does then I don't think Redick and Afflalo will see as many minutes, which won't be too bad considering they'll be a lot fresher for games on back to backs etc

Of course, this is Vaughn who occasionally baffles everyone with his substitutions and so who knows?

Vaughn will probably just go with the matchups. When you have a roster full of mediocre players at best, your rotation usually isn't very consistent.

Can't even tank right :svgsad:

Eh, by all accounts, this will be a weak draft anyways. Besides, it just ups the values of our trade pieces, right? Win-win.

Eh, by all accounts, this will be a weak draft anyways. Besides, it just ups the values of our trade pieces, right? Win-win.

Exactly, maybe Hennigan has his eyes on next years draft and not this one. Increase trade value this year... Trade for picks next lol

Sure, this draft is a step down from last year's but there's still talent at the top especially for SGs and PGs. I guess I can pin my hopes on a late season tank after the trade deadline where Rob will almost assuredly move JJ and other pieces.

They say that every year, but yeah it's not on par with past classes.

With that being said, I want Nerlins Noel.

I know earlier on we were discussing whether or not Vuc is in our long term plans and I have to say, if he keeps up this level of play he most certainly will be for a long time. Two great games against the Lakers and Warriors.

Also I don't have any problem with the Magic drafting around pick 10 this year. They'll have to get worse before they get better and it might be better to do that next offseason rather than kill moral by trading away big contributors while we're playing well.

Sure, this draft is a step down from last year's but there's still talent at the top especially for SGs and PGs. I guess I can pin my hopes on a late season tank after the trade deadline where Rob will almost assuredly move JJ and other pieces.

Yeah, I would think that it only benefits us to play as well as we can, and trade for the picks we want. Whatever's on our roster, it's probably better than most of the draftpicks, especially if it's someone that proves they're consistent (by playing during the season).

And why would we want people on our team that can stomach losing? Eff that...