barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

I wonder if Harkless could play the 2. He seems to be athletic enough to keep up with quicker players. A 6'9" SG would be SWEET, and would allow the Magic to start:

Vuc - 5

Baby- 4

Harris- 3

Mo- 2

Jameer/young PG- 1

That would also allow them to trade Afflalo.

Just spit ballin', but it could really gel into a tough defensive team (if Vuc puts on some beef)

It can work as long as they play defense. It all depends on Harkless, if he shows the ability to guard 2s then we're good.

I would love it if we could run that lineup ^^^

Rob (and his team) has proven so huge for this ballclub, in such a short time and after such a franchise shock... His hire is the definition of money well spent. He goes out in the offseason, under immense pressure, and picks two guys from philly with little 'sample size'; they turn out gold. He picks two guys from milwaukee with little 'sample size', bingo again. And he's a great guy. I mean wow.

It is amazing what Rob & staff have done so far.

As much as I love JJ and the way his game progressed he is definitely going to get a big payday in the summer and we would not have had the leverage in a S&T to get the kind of return that we got in this trade.

I said well before the DH trade that the only way we would get out of the cap hell that Otis put us in was to trade Dwight... and Rob got it done.

So far Rob has dumped:

Duhon

JRich

Ayon

Ish

Clark (who played great for the Lakers for a small window)

Dwight (cancer)

and got us some great young players in return. I'm very excited to see what he turns Harrington, Turk, Davis, and AA into and also who we get in the draft!!! We'll have to keep somebody from this bunch to get to the minimum salary and I'd be OK with Baby.

With Meer's injury history IMO we need to draft a PG and also keep Beno if we can get him on the cheap. He's been the best backup PG we've had in a very long time. Beno and Meer together would be good mentors for a rookie PG.

It's going to be a very interesting off-season!

I wonder if Harkless could play the 2. He seems to be athletic enough to keep up with quicker players. A 6'9" SG would be SWEET, and would allow the Magic to start:

Vuc - 5

Baby- 4

Harris- 3

Mo- 2

Jameer/young PG- 1

Just spit ballin', but it could really gel into a tough defensive team (if Vuc puts on some beef)

I would love to see this lineup, though I think Harkless would need to develop more speed/ball handling to keep up with elite 2's. And I like harris at the 4, but he is so versatile I can see him as consistently at the 3. I think the main thing in this lineup that throws things off is Davis; I feel like he doesn't have a place on here because of these young guys developing so well.

Vuc - 5

Baby- 4

Harris- 3

Mo- 2

Jameer/young PG- 1

That would also allow them to trade Afflalo.

If I have it my way Baby, Afflalo, Turk, and Al will all be gone this summer.

John Denton ‏@JohnDenton555 7h

#Magic C Nik Vucevic said player he wants to pattern game after is #Grizzlies C Marc Gasol. Already better on boards, working on post game.

• Upvote 1

Jason Terry on facing the Magic tonight:

"Orlando is a team obviously, you see them," Terry said. "I don't want to give them any fuel, but they're terrible." Link

What do ya know? The Celtics, classy as always. Our guys better fight to win tonight :gortat:

Jason Terry on facing the Magic tonight:

"Orlando is a team obviously, you see them," Terry said. "I don't want to give them any fuel, but they're terrible." Link

What do ya know? The Celtics, classy as always. Our guys better fight to win tonight :gortat:/>

Well he's not wrong...