barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

Maybe Scott Skiles can man the point.

lol.... sure and then we can have Stuff fill the SG spot.... Championship!

Durability has always been an issue with Nelson, i would say that would be his next big knock besides his actual height..lol. And its been that way ever since he was drafted and had to battle Carlos. To bring in a very young bigger sized PG, can give Nelson a year or two on his body... since he would transition into coming off the bench.

I like Arron, but we know the 2014 draft has some killer SG's that would blow Arron out of the water. We could keep him during the offseason, but im thinking he will moved next trade deadline... depending on where we are at.

Glen... Love the guy, and im thinking that he can not be moved until every team knows he is okay with coming back from the injury.

As for the young guys, most need to hit the gym and eat their Wheaties... I do expect all of them to be stronger next year.

Noel 2013

Wiggins 2014

I am not watching Noel go to LA..... And there would be a huge mess at the Center position.

Spend the 2013 pick on a need, that we can secure... since we know who we want in 2014.

There aren't any players on this team who are untouchable. The only players who are somewhat untouchable (ie guys who could be essential cogs on a championship team in 4 years) are Harris, harkless, and Vuc.

The next tier is split into two groups, good leadership vets and young developmental pieces. Meer and beno are in group 1. Moore, Kyle, Nicholson, dequan are in group 2.

The final tier are placeholders. They make too much money and are too old to be efficient in 4 years. That group is hedo, Davis, Harrington, and afflalo.

I feel like I missed someone.

The players we least want to trade are on top. Most want to trade on bottom

I wonder if Harkless could play the 2. He seems to be athletic enough to keep up with quicker players. A 6'9" SG would be SWEET, and would allow the Magic to start:

Vuc - 5

Baby- 4

Harris- 3

Mo- 2

Jameer/young PG- 1

That would also allow them to trade Afflalo.

Just spit ballin', but it could really gel into a tough defensive team (if Vuc puts on some beef)