barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

Is everyone brainwashed? Why am I reading so many posts lately about the anxious waiting for the return of Turk? Are your accounts being hacked? Are we disregarding all seasons involving Dwight? Seriously, what's going on? I still want that lazy trash gone.

• Upvote 1

Is everyone brainwashed? Why am I reading so many posts lately about the anxious waiting for the return of Turk? Are your accounts being hacked? Are we disregarding all seasons involving Dwight? Seriously, what's going on? I still want that lazy trash gone.

^

Great post

We are never going to trade Turk. No team would want to take on that salary for what Turk can bring to a team. Phoenix probably pissed themselves when we came calling asking for Hedo and J-Rich. And all of that was instigated by Dwight, maybe he knew he was going to leave all along ha-ha-ha.....

Anyway, ya, I think we're going to be stuck with him. Hopefully he proves me wrong. He has the tools to be a 15-5-5 guy on a nightly basis -- on this team, anyway. Turkey-glue lets goooooo

We are never going to trade Turk. No team would want to take on that salary for what Turk can bring to a team. Phoenix probably pissed themselves when we came calling asking for Hedo and J-Rich. And all of that was instigated by Dwight, maybe he knew he was going to leave all along ha-ha-ha.....

Anyway, ya, I think we're going to be stuck with him. Hopefully he proves me wrong. He has the tools to be a 15-5-5 guy on a nightly basis -- on this team, anyway. Turkey-glue lets goooooo

When he's on his contract year many teams will probably want his big expiring

Well yeah, that's the same you could say about him at the 3. Hedo never been a defender but if he's contributing on the offense (having him run Point Forward while at the 4) this teams offense will flow better. Defensively I'm sure they'll all help each other

I would definitely say he would be worse at the 4. He's not a good perimeter defender by any means but at least he has the height to contest shots and he's sometimes capable of keeping his man in front of him. He may be the worst team defender on the team, which is something he would have to do if he is playing power forward. He also isn't a good post defender. And on an even worse note, moving Hedo from the 3 to the 4 would mean trading a player who is a pretty good rebounder at his position to one that would struggle mightly to keep his man off the offensive glass.

I would definitely say he would be worse at the 4. He's not a good perimeter defender by any means but at least he has the height to contest shots and he's sometimes capable of keeping his man in front of him. He may be the worst team defender on the team, which is something he would have to do if he is playing power forward. He also isn't a good post defender. And on an even worse note, moving Hedo from the 3 to the 4 would mean trading a player who is a pretty good rebounder at his position to one that would struggle mightly to keep his man off the offensive glass.

Oh I'm not advocating starting Turkoglu at the 4. All I'm saying is him returning to this team will help the offense more than hurt it. Him playing the 4 at times is jus something we can use against certain teams.

Oh I'm not advocating starting Turkoglu at the 4. All I'm saying is him returning to this team will help the offense more than hurt it. Him playing the 4 at times is jus something we can use against certain teams.

Ok, fair enough.

I can live with Turk being scored on in the post or paint due to a size/weight disadvantage than the opposing wing penetrating with ease and thus breaking down the whole defense. I think it makes a big difference.

As for trading Turk, I think you guys are being too pessimistic. There are a lot of teams that have or will have salary and luxury tax considerations. So Turk's contract has a lot of value because of the unguaranteed final year.

Ok guys I'm coming to Orlando in April and I wanna go to the BOS and CHI games...

Who's gonna come and slap some high fives with the pal from the north pole?

Ok guys I'm coming to Orlando in April and I wanna go to the BOS and CHI games...

Who's gonna come and slap some high fives with the pal from the north pole?

Lakers or bust.