barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

I can assure you this team will not be near the 7th or 8th seed and do not think for a second Hennigan is going to let that happen.

I usually agree with your posts, but I hate to think that you actually believe Henny has any choice in whether we win or not. Our players, young or not, are professionals and every time they step on the court, they want to win. Haven't you ever played a sport, even just for fun?

Why in the world would these players want to risk their futures, and careers, in order for a franchise to get "good" draft picks. The fact is, they may not be on the team at that point, and they are fighting for their next contract and next job.

Im sorry, but no professional athlete would go along with this logic. I agree that we wont be near the playoffs, but to say guys are going to flush away the season because their GM told them to?

No chance.

I forgot to add that I am thrilled the season is finally beginning. It's good to see that our offense isnt the only one that D12 bogs down. Cant wait for him to start demanding more shots. Him and Kobe will clash. Book it.

I usually agree with your posts, but I hate to think that you actually believe Henny has any choice in whether we win or not. Our players, young or not, are professionals and every time they step on the court, they want to win. Haven't you ever played a sport, even just for fun?

Why in the world would these players want to risk their futures, and careers, in order for a franchise to get "good" draft picks. The fact is, they may not be on the team at that point, and they are fighting for their next contract and next job.

Im sorry, but no professional athlete would go along with this logic. I agree that we wont be near the playoffs, but to say guys are going to flush away the season because their GM told them to?

No chance.

I think he meant that Hennigan will trade away some of the vets to give our young guys a chance to develop, clear cap space, obtain assets, and make sure we don't win too much. :)

I think he meant that Hennigan will trade away some of the vets to give our young guys a chance to develop, clear cap space, obtain assets, and make sure we don't win too much. :)

Yea I could see that being the case. I assume and hope Afflalo is here to stay. Nobody is going to take on the contracts of Hedo, Jameer, and possibly not Davis. I guess we could get something for JJ and Harrington at the deadline. With that said, if we are rolling and are, lets say, 25-15 at the all star break, you really think Henny makes moves just to avoid a playoff spot?

I forgot to add that I am thrilled the season is finally beginning. It's good to see that our offense isnt the only one that D12 bogs down. Cant wait for him to start demanding more shots. Him and Kobe will clash. Book it.

Oh yes - if Kobe clashed with Shaq, who was arguably one of the greatest centers of all time, and was pretty well established when Kobe showed up, he will DEFINITELY tear into a lackadaisical Dwight. And the LA media is not going to be kind once the shine wears off...

Oh yes - if Kobe clashed with Shaq, who was arguably one of the greatest centers of all time, and was pretty well established when Kobe showed up, he will DEFINITELY tear into a lackadaisical Dwight. And the LA media is not going to be kind once the shine wears off...

They're a trainwreck ready to happen. Especially with that bench costing them games.

I've got some beers in, the game streaming with my team pass and i'm ready to stay up until the early hours of the morning! (I'm from the UK) Can't wait for this game to tip off!

This team is too good. They better start measuring ring sizes and plan the championship parade. I can see JJ becoming the most beautiful scoring champ ever.

• Upvote 2