Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

2012 MAGIC Preseason Thread

I believe Ish Smith is out until mid November. He'll be gone til November

I'd post an image of Ish's face pasted on Wyclef Jean's body if I knew how to use photoshop.

• Upvote 1

So going over the recent news lines about our first practice, I have to say that JV is a pretty smart guy. Not that he graduated from college and what not but for the mere fact that JV has been keeping notes on the game going way, way, way back. Its not something you find very often, it would be the same as a future president keeping notes on all the former presidents.... just doesnt happen.

The one quote i found referenced a couple of times came from John Stockton, who I think we can all agree was one heck of a PG. John said "Work me hard, cant work me long; Work me long, cant work me hard". Simple phrase that has alot of explosiveness to it. When we had SVG, i think we saw and herd the opposite. I can remember articles going on about how tough or long SVG practices were. Although most of us said, its practice... suck it up and go to work. Maybe we were all wrong about the actual toll it takes during an 84 game season.

Then again its all on the mind set of the team and at what stage they are in I suppose. Right now we have a young team with a mix of Vet's to keep them going forward to our ultimate goal. Running them hard and long at this point isnt beneficial, and maybe will never be beneficial. JJ said that his first practice was good, no pauses, going from one station to the next. Nelson said it was alot less standing and talking than he is normally use to. Both statements pointing out how direct the practice was, going in handling business for an hour and then moving on.

Unlike Allen Iverson, practice is important and how you conduct your practice is even more so.

• Upvote 2

I haven't been so excited to root for a sub-par team since the first team I rooted for went on a 19 and 14 game losing streak in the same season.

This is awesome! I really mean it.

Go Magic!smile_popcorn.gif

John Denton

‏@JohnDenton555

#Magic PG Jameer Nelson's hilarious 1-liner -- he was asked about his favorite superhero. "Well, it used to be Superman. But not anymore."

• Upvote 4