Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

2012 MAGIC Preseason Thread

call me crazy but for the life of me i just can't see this team only winning 22 games like Vegas predicted......maybe i'm wrong

If the team we see in preseason is the one we get in the regular season, we'll win more than that for sure. But the question to ask is, is it really worth it?

If the team we see in preseason is the one we get in the regular season, we'll win more than that for sure. But the question to ask is, is it really worth it?

Yes. This draft's best two players are a 6'5 scorer and a shot blocker with very little else. Many of those in almost every draft. To me, Mohammed just reaks of OJ Mayo and Noel just makes me think "INSERT GENERIC LONG SHOT BLOCKER". 2013 is the real prize IMO but I don't see us being that bad then either. Who knows though, the lottery works in mysterious ways.

depends.....i mean if we're dead set on trying to get a really high draft pick then i mean maybe it's not but with the way we're set up we don't have to only build through the draft....we can build through Free Agency....we have options.....in my eyes from what i see and what i hear from our players and coaches it doesn't sound like we're taking a tanking position....but we'll see....only time will tell at this point

depends.....i mean if we're dead set on trying to get a really high draft pick then i mean maybe it's not but with the way we're set up we don't have to only build through the draft....we can build through Free Agency....we have options.....in my eyes from what i see and what i hear from our players and coaches it doesn't sound like we're taking a tanking position....but we'll see....only time will tell at this point

Well, if you go off what players and coaches say, nobody is tanking. Tanking isn't as much of an on the court thing as it is a managerial thing. Front offices build rosters they know can't win to get better chances at high draft picks to get stars that can help them win.

Well, if you go off what players and coaches say, nobody is tanking. Tanking isn't as much of an on the court thing as it is a managerial thing. Front offices build rosters they know can't win to get better chances at high draft picks to get stars that can help them win.

I think our roster is built more towards luring a free agent within 2 years and hoping we hit on a rookie. No way we re-sign Jameer and sit with Davis and Aflalo's contracts if we wanted to self destruct.

I think our roster is built more towards luring a free agent within 2 years and hoping we hit on a rookie. No way we re-sign Jameer and sit with Davis and Aflalo's contracts if we wanted to self destruct.

Honestly, I think the only reason we have guys like Jameer, BBD, and Afflalo is because they can be a strong, moderating, veteran influence without actually making us too good to get a high draft pick. Within a few years, I see the framework of our team being guys like Nicholson, Vucc, Harkless, and hopefully a FA or draft stud.

• Upvote 2

dvr'd the game and just got done watching it.

this team is going to make the playoffs.

they are a chip short but hennigan is a f'in genius

everyone cares.

Edit: san antonio played like a high school team i realize but i really like what i see

It's amazing that we've all determined how weak this draft is without one college game being played by the top 2 prospects nor taking into account guys that can breakout or the fact that when people see a draft is weak they are usually wrong.

But ok, carry on lads.

• Upvote 1

I agree with this. Also, the reason I think we brought in a San Antonio/OKC-style guy is that with those teams, they don't really have high draft picks anymore (for San Antonio, for the better part of a decade), but they still manage to find amazing players late in the draft.

I think this is our plan: get a bunch of talented young players, bring in a veteran in the next year, and then supplement it with GOOD draft picks (you know, as opposed to the crap we've been picking).

I definitely think this team will be better than what I thought which was 21 wins. I might up it to 28-30. Hopefully BBD and JJ will net us something useful during the season so we do not do something crazy like contend for the 8 seed.

It's amazing that we've all determined how weak this draft is without one college game being played by the top 2 prospects nor taking into account guys that can breakout or the fact that when people see a draft is weak they are usually wrong.

But ok, carry on lads.

Jareth spitting the truth