Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

D. Thorpe suggests Magic should try winning games next season

Off topic here..

So NBAuniverse.com has a ton of great NBA info..

While browsing I found some very interesting info..

Before Lebron announced he was leaving Cleveland he declared he was changing his number to "6" which lead to speculation he was going to Chicago..

While browsing this site it states Miami in fact has retired "23" for Jordan "for his contributions to basketball" which fuels the topic.. Did Lebron have Miami on his sites the whole time??

There was talk that they "decided" on teaming up back in the 2008 Olympics. Just play out their contracts, act like everything is ok and maybe hint they want to stay with their teams, but want to test FA. And bam... Miami happened.

I think the infamous elbow injury was made up so that the Cavs would indeed lose. Why would LeBron leave the Cavs if they'd win the championship? Would make him look way worse.

To anyone thinking we're going to sniff the playoffs this season, go look at how many points on average the Magic were outscored by when Ryan and Dwight were on the bench. Then realize that those two were more or less replaced by Vucevic and Glen Davis.

My only wish for the team this year is that we beat the Lakers when they're here in March.. but seeing how Dwight has been terrified of coming back to the city of Orlando I wouldn't be surprised if his back "flared up" and that game wasn't even as satisfying as I'm hoping it could be..

• Upvote 2

I think yall need to find another team to follow and board to join.. Haters!

The doubters will see ....

This is such a Maury Povich statement. This is not daytime TV and you are hopefully not defending your sex- change to your family in front of a studio audience. So don't call people "haters" because they don't disagree with your overly optimistic opinion. It doesn't make you any more True of a fan, it just makes you look like a complete idiot who thinks his speculation on the future is somehow superior to others for no good reason besides blind faith.

• Upvote 1

Just stop. Your posts are so stupid they are frustrating to read. If I was going to put my predictions down I would say:

1: Heat

2: Boston

3: Pacers

4: Nets

5: 76ers

6: Bulls

7: Knicks

8: Hawks

I am not overly confident with these preditions but I believe that it will be tight between 4th - 8th. A massive drop off between the top 3 and those, as well as a major drop off between 8th and the lottery teams.

I think the 76ers will finish higher. I'd almost (ALMOST) be willing to bet money that Bynum is FAR more effective here in the East. I also think Boston will fade a little.

1. Heat

2. 76ers

3. Pacers

4. Boston

5+. Like it matters, but it won't be the Magic.

This is such a Maury Povich statement. This is not daytime TV and you are hopefully not defending your sex- change to your family in front of a studio audience. So don't call people "haters" because they don't disagree with your overly optimistic opinion. It doesn't make you any more True of a fan, it just makes you look like a complete idiot who thinks his speculation on the future is somehow superior to others for no good reason besides blind faith.

Now who is the drama one here??

Thanks for wasting time in my life to read your garbage.

I remember Jack Daniels always was optimistic now all we have is pessimistic people on this board who all think they should be the GM here and act like their approval of a trade matters...

I support this team and root for whatever changes management makes trusting its got the goal to someday lead us to a championship. (except Otis

's decessions which I think we all know made no sense"

If we won more than 25 games, I'd be a little surprised, if we won more than 30, I'd be shocked. Our veterans are not good people. We got two chuckers in Hedo and Harrington, BBD is not a top starter and I have to facepalm when people suggest he is. I love Jameer, but he is no better than most PGs around the league. We're going to suck, as we should. Of course we are going to TRY and win games, but it doesn't mean we will.

I remember Jack Daniels always was optimistic now all we have is pessimistic people on this board who all think they should be the GM here and act like their approval of a trade matters...

I support this team and root for whatever changes management makes trusting its got the goal to someday lead us to a championship. (except Otis

You sir are the biggest Magic fan on this board! I applaud your unyielding faith and optimism.

Hopefully that's the response you've been looking for and we can move past your nonsensical rambling, viewed through rose colored glasses that apparently shield you from reality.

• Upvote 1

damn dawg dont be hatin on Otiz like dat

I think you're confusing optimism with childlike dreaming and pessimism with realism... I am going to love every chance I get to see this team develop and cheer them on as loud as I can and am excited for the future.. I'll cherish every win and be on here to analyze performances in every loss.. To believe that we'll be playing in May and June is just setting yourself up for disappointment though

I could see us actually surprising people and *just missing* the playoffs as people just assume we'll tank. I also don't see us having the talent or experience to *actually* threaten for a playoff spot.

I could see this team doing something really weird, like holding a top-3 spot going into the All-Star break, then getting crushed the second half of the year as the rookies hit the wall and reality comes crashing down.

Playoffs is silly. I can totally see the team playing themselves out of the high lottery (which would be totally worth it with this year's draft if it enhanced the vet's trade value). But playoffs? Don't talk to me about playoffs.