SHOWTIME

Who goes, who stays and who gets traded?

Turk needs to go.

Baby Nicholson Harkless and Nelson will be starters once the dust settles. It is battle between affalo and redick for the 2 spot. I would imagine Redick would come off the bench since he is accostumed to that role.

By the way, JJ Redick has made it clear that he would like to finish his career in Orlando so I dont see him wanting out, it is just a matter of the Magic wanting him and giving him a fair contract.

Hedo and Roberts are our best expiring contracts. We are kinda stuck with Harrington unless we can package him in something.

Trade Ayon? Great idea! We need to continue the post-Gortat tradition of only having one center! (Orton doesn't count)

I didnt say I wanted to trade Ayon I said I think he gets traded, big difference bro.

Turk needs to go.

Baby Nicholson Harkless and Nelson will be starters once the dust settles. It is battle between affalo and redick for the 2 spot. I would imagine Redick would come off the bench since he is accostumed to that role.

By the way, JJ Redick has made it clear that he would like to finish his career in Orlando so I dont see him wanting out, it is just a matter of the Magic wanting him and giving him a fair contract.

Hedo and Roberts are our best expiring contracts. We are kinda stuck with Harrington unless we can package him in something.

Hedo isn't an expiring contract. His contract is similar to Harrington's in that next year the salary is only partially guaranteed.

Everyone needs to relax when it comes to trying to dump more salaries. Hennigan is not going to make a big splash in free agency in the next 2 years. There will be plenty of time for the last few bad contracts to come off of the books before he takes a serious look at adding a free agent. Furthermore, we do have a minimum salary floor that we have to meet and getting rid of Harrington, Turk and Big Baby without taking back comparable salaries won't be allowed under the new CBA. There's a reason that Turk is still on the team and Richardson is not.

Agreed big baby will not be going anywhere they have already invested a lot of time in him losing weight

Our new front office doesn't have emotional attachments to players, if BBD has a big year i think that increases the likelihood he is moved since perception would be he has a good contract

My guess?

We start the year with BBD as the 5, Harrington the 4, Hedo the 3, Afflalo the 2, Nelson the 1

The prime objectives will be finding suitors for Harrington, Qrich and Hedo. Harrington can probably bring us something good from a contender so we need to let him stat pad.

BBD played his best ball at C, the league is trending smaller I don't see a problem with it until Vucevic and O'Quinn show they are ready to handle the duties.

I expect Harkless to gradually gain PT as the season goes on but not start until 13/14.

JJ Redick is also obviously, going to be traded Afflalo is a solid long term option at the 2.

What I hope for, is Jacque Vaughn developing guys like Liggins, Harper, and Ish Smith along with the new young players. Ideally these players improve, but we're bad enough 2 pick first or second, then use our capspace over the next 2 years to get a big time player or two

Good post. No way we throw out the rookies as starters. You think those starters could be an 8th seed? Just asking cause I don't see a horrible team.

Good post. No way we throw out the rookies as starters. You think those starters could be an 8th seed? Just asking cause I don't see a horrible team.

I think if that happened - though I don't think it will - the front office would be smiling only on the outside. Though they can never say it, I think they prefer some poor seasons in order to maximize the draft.

I don't know how anyone looks at this roster and see a decent team win-wise. We aren't going to score a lot of points due to the lack of players that can create their own shot and we won't be able to defend anyone (unless the rookies really, really surprise me).

I don't know how anyone looks at this roster and see a decent team win-wise. We aren't going to score a lot of points due to the lack of players that can create their own shot and we won't be able to defend anyone (unless the rookies really, really surprise me).

Yeah, we aren't going to get blown out every game but the youth and guys playing larger roles than they're used to is going to result in a bunch of close games going into the fourth quartet when things just fall apart.

Hedo isn't an expiring contract. His contract is similar to Harrington's in that next year the salary is only partially guaranteed.

Everyone needs to relax when it comes to trying to dump more salaries. Hennigan is not going to make a big splash in free agency in the next 2 years. There will be plenty of time for the last few bad contracts to come off of the books before he takes a serious look at adding a free agent. Furthermore, we do have a minimum salary floor that we have to meet and getting rid of Harrington, Turk and Big Baby without taking back comparable salaries won't be allowed under the new CBA. There's a reason that Turk is still on the team and Richardson is not.

Yeah I agree people obviously don't understand the plan if they think we will just go out and buy players. The next two years will be tough and fortunes will change based on how well we pick in the draft and develop Harkless, Vucevic, and Nicholson. If we add two top 5 picks to that and hit on both we could be the Thunder in 4 years.

Turk needs to go.

Um.... duh to the Turk comment. I know that makes me sound like and @ss, but that was a pretty obvious comment

No prob with JJ.

Dont think Hedo is expiring this year. Harrington is very tradable.

Um.... duh to the Turk comment. I know that makes me sound like and @ss, but that was a pretty obvious comment

No prob with JJ.

Dont think Hedo is expiring this year. Harrington is very tradable.

Turk is more valuable as an expiring next yr than he is as a player this yr. Actually his only value is as an expiring so he won't be dealt this yr.

I get the feeling we'll eventually move big baby

Yep. I does not make sense to keep him at this point. I love the guy, but he will take the time for our rookies to develop. Besides, he is a competitior and will be extremely frustated all season long.