Catalina Maria

Dwight Howard Appreciation Thread

That window pretty much shut, he's resigning with LA after the season barring something crazy happening there

I'm amazed that he needs you to tell him this. That bridge wasn't burned down this past year. It was detonated with TNT.

That window pretty much shut, he's resigning with LA after the season barring something crazy happening there

So you are telling us that there is no way Howard resigns with the Magic after a year in LA? Well doesn't that just bite the big one! Howard really is a scumbag after all!

So you are telling us that there is no way Howard resigns with the Magic after a year in LA? Well doesn't that just bite the big one! Howard really is a scumbag after all!

Well, i know he will not sign with the magic next year. I am sure he will stay with the lakers. My question was in 5 years from now once the new contract ends up in LA. Just like tracy and shak did by signing with other teams later on in their careers. I dont like him at the moment, but will be nice if he retires in the city where he started.

I think my question is/was too soon to ask, as even myself I can care less about him at the moment.

• Upvote 1

I'm amazed that he needs you to tell him this. That bridge wasn't burned down this past year. It was detonated with TNT.

Right

Well, i know he will not sign with the magic next year. I am sure he will stay with the lakers. My question was in 5 years from now once the new contract ends up in LA. Just like tracy and shak did by signing with other teams later on in their careers. I dont like him at the moment, but will be nice if he retires in the city where he started.

I think my question is/was too soon to ask, as even myself I can care less about him at the moment.

Never say never I guess? Like I brought up to him sunday it'll be interesting to see how him and Kobe work these next 2-3 years. He doesn't seem to see what tha big deal is though haha

It would be poetic justice if a ring less Dwight Howard came crawling back to a championship contending Magic squad in the latter stages of his career. I don't wish that upon the man, but it would be pretty amazing nonetheless.

This sentiment reeks of Dan Gilbert.

• Upvote 1

I would really think he would consider all options including us in free agency 2013! I keep saying to myself LA has and will always be a championship contending franchise no matter if Howard stays or leaves, so this is for YBR and do you agree with my statement I'm about to make?

While Howard would help bring more titles to the Lakers his legacy would as significant because they were more legendary big men there before him (Mikan,Kareem,Wilt, and Shaq)! In other words he will be more of a statistic there, as he would be with the Mavs since Dirk is the first to help win the chip in 06.

As much as I want Dwight to sign here next off season, I only want him here next season if we add some real ballers to the team. If not Howard should do himself a favor look else where!

I would really think he would consider all options including us in free agency 2013! I keep saying to myself LA has and will always be a championship contending franchise no matter if Howard stays or leaves, so this is for YBR and do you agree with my statement I'm about to make?

While Howard would help bring more titles to the Lakers his legacy would as significant because they were more legendary big men there before him (Mikan,Kareem,Wilt, and Shaq)! In other words he will be more of a statistic there, as he would be with the Mavs since Dirk is the first to help win the chip in 06.

As much as I want Dwight to sign here next off season, I only want him here next season if we add some real ballers to the team. If not Howard should do himself a favor look else where!

That what was the main reason he was hestitant about LA, the legend there with the big men. But I believe Magic Johnson had a sit down with him and said something to the effect of "Dont worry about the other legends, or about being compared to Shaq; they compare Kobe to Jordan everyday and look at him" I think once he realized that it was easy to open up to the thought of being there.

Sure he'll consider his options next summer but to this day (well as of yesterday) he STILL talks about the Magic organization and how they did him. I would have thought he'd moved on from the Magic but he brings them up in almost every conversation we have; whether its saying how wrong they were or comparing something in LA franchise with Orlando's.

It's almost like Dwight has never had an original thought in his life. Before he was traded, it seemed like every day someone else was talking to him and telling him something that totally convinced him of something. Then someone else would talk to him and convince him on a completely different direction. I'm so glad that roller coaster ride is over.

That what was the main reason he was hestitant about LA, the legend there with the big men. But I believe Magic Johnson had a sit down with him and said something to the effect of "Dont worry about the other legends, or about being compared to Shaq; they compare Kobe to Jordan everyday and look at him" I think once he realized that it was easy to open up to the thought of being there.

Sure he'll consider his options next summer but to this day (well as of yesterday) he STILL talks about the Magic organization and how they did him. I would have thought he'd moved on from the Magic but he brings them up in almost every conversation we have; whether its saying how wrong they were or comparing something in LA franchise with Orlando's.

Wow! Dwight really is passionate about this franchise, he needs to resolve this situation sometime in the future,ultimately he will feel much better making peace with people he had problems with (maybe Hennigan can play Gandhi between Howard and Martins lol). But for now I really want him to enjoy LA and learn from the Great Kobe and Nash...then to travel dance his a** to Orlando #Duhonstyle! ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMhxNms6Gfw