Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Magic's Schedule

I know what you mean about the national color commentators, but If things go as plan, not even David and Matty would know much about the team that will suit up next year lol

I think that will be the fun part about it all..... We are going to be able to learn some stuff about these guys that we never knew about. David and Matty do a great job of adding some inside info on players as the game progresses.

Im glad I have the regional sports package from DirecTV, which allows me to watch all the games from the local markets. I have watched many of the other teams commentators, and I would easily say hands down that ours (David and Matty) are pretty good and fair to the opponents as well....

Cant stand Boston's..... That one guy kills me....

This year we don't get screwed over by back to back games, but maybe the league is showing some mercy with all that is happening.

We have 13 games, where there's teams like the C's who get 22. Lakers get 16, but all of them have the 2nd game on the road.

I won't miss TNT stretching the game with an extra 30 minutes of commercial timeouts.

Really only hurts the out of state fans that don't get Sunshine/FSN.

Yeah, no longer being in the Orlando area, this means fewer games I can watch on TV... I wonder if they might add more games to the national TV schedule for the intrigue if Dwight remains on the team at the opening of the season.

This won't affect me much since I usually watched the Sunsports/FSN feed even when the game was nationally televised. I just cannot stomach listening to the national color commentators, acting as if they know our team and our players so well when they really don't.

Give me David and Matty any time over those guys.

Exactly. I would only turn to TNT on halftime to hear Barkley and his hilarity, but during the games its David and Matty for me.

Exactly. I would only turn to TNT on halftime to hear Barkley and his hilarity, but during the games its David and Matty for me.

Right. Barkley is entertaining, and in general, I like the TNT crew. But the ESPN crew is another story entirely. It blows my mind that the leading sports channel has such poor talent in front of the camera.

• Upvote 1

Right. Barkley is entertaining, and in general, I like the TNT crew. But the ESPN crew is another story entirely. It blows my mind that the leading sports channel has such poor talent in front of the camera.

It's like American cars in the 80's and early 90's they just didn't try hard enough and put up crap after crappy vehicle. You think you have the name and market so why bother. ESPN is just that. Self proclaimed leader in sports and they just put up poop on tv.

I like to watch the Pregame, Halftime and postgame shows. Barkley is just hilarious and I can even tolerate Shaq in there.

I don't even bother with ESPN for anything..unless they're the only ones broadcasting a game, in any sport not just bball

I'm in Lexington, KY so I have no close NBA markets. It's been League Pass for me for the last 3 years. But, I get to watch every game with it. :happypuppy:

Like you said, I get League Pass and I can watch almost every game on it then. I don't have cable so it's a pain in the ass to have to stream it from my laptop in horrible quality from sites to my TV.

Like you said, I get League Pass and I can watch almost every game on it then. I don't have cable so it's a pain in the ass to have to stream it from my laptop in horrible quality from sites to my TV.

I got it for my PC the first year, although it was better than nothing like you it was bad quality once sent to TV. I have cable so I get the TV version now. Still grainy at times, but much better than before.

Hubey Brown tends to ramble, but he's awesome.

JVG has really strong opinions (many of which I disagree with), but he's awesome. And, as a bonus, we no longer need to hear Marc Jackson.

Doug Collins was decent.

I'm running out of names. Nothing compares to David and Matty. They are awesome together. It's a shame Matty was absent so much last year.

I just said awesome like five times.