Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

If the Magic hire Jacque Vaughn as their head coach, then either everyone else told them no, or they are just trying to punish the fans. They won't be trying to build for the future. They'll just be biding their time.

For God's sake, the best things you could say about Vaughn as a player was he didn't turn over the ball and he was an adequate defender. Hennigan needs to get a look at some old game film. The Magic hated him as a PLAYER so much that they only kept him on the roster one season. He played 10-plus years but never averaged better than 6.6 pts and 4.3 assists.

Magic Johnson. Kevin McHale. Isiah Thomas.

All 3 of them were amazing players. All 3 of them were simply awful coaches. You show me a great basketball player that became a great coach and I'll show you 10 more mediocre to downright bad players that became excellent coaches. Your point is irrelevant and downright silly.

It also appears, from reading your other posts in this thread, that you are really just looking for reasons to freak out. Even if we keep Dwight, we aren't anywhere close to being a championship contender. Since we probably aren't going to keep Dwight, it only makes sense to start at the bottom and build over because that's the only way we are going to become good enough to be able to compete for a championship. Also, and I don't know why you haven't already been corrected on this, but Kevin Martin represents a big expiring contract. That is valuable because it allows the Magic to either let his contract expire and have the money come off the books or turn around and flip his contract to another team at the deadline for additional assets. In other words, you have no reason to complain about acquiring Kevin Martin. Not that that will stop you from doing so regardless.

Henny should have some interest in J.Lin. The Knicks made a stupid move bringing Raymond Felton which he is worst as Dudu.

Rockets- Magic Trade

Rockets Get: Hedo Turkoglu, Chris Dudu, JRich

Magic Get: Omer Asik and J. Lin

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Henny should have some interest in J.Lin. The Knicks made a stupid move bringing Raymond Felton which he is worst as Dudu.

Rockets- Magic Trade

Is this serious?! Why would the Rockets EVER do that!!

Is this serious?! Why would the Rockets EVER do that!!

Better question.. why would the Magic trade Howard for Lin and Asik?

• Downvote 1

He doesn't mention Dwight in the trade....

Well.. I feel stupid. My bad. I honestly haven't looked at/thought about a trade that DIDN'T involve Dwight in some time.

Rockets- Magic Trade

Cool. No comment, other than What???

• Upvote 1

They have been signed to offer sheets, if their teams don't match and Houston ends up with them, they can't turn around and trade them to another team until later in the season.