Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

man, I honestly can't wait for October. I'm ready to get this coming season underway. I want to see how our boys are going to work and see the NBA as a whole. I've not been this ramped up for awhile.

Besides this past Saturday night I agree. Love you and miss you.

I don't wanna hear Dwight handcuffed us..... Chris Paul,Carmelo,Deron all had very limited teams they would go to and they ALL got better offers.

Chris Paul never limited the possible places to which the Hornets could trade him. And the Knicks and Nets actually had decent assets to offer up in a trade. Dwight, however, limited his possible destinations to Brooklyn only, and then later the Lakers...both of which had NOTHING of value to offer.

Dwight destroyed any leverage we had, thereby handcuffing us and diminishing any value we would get back. If he had shut his mouth, maybe there would have been a better deal offered by Houston. But evidently it wasn't there. That said, I am happy with the future flexibility and assets we received in return.

Most of all, I'm happy Dwight is gone.

Chris Paul never limited the possible places to which the Hornets could trade him. And the Knicks and Nets actually had decent assets to offer up in a trade. Dwight, however, limited his possible destinations to Brooklyn only, and then later the Lakers...both of which had NOTHING of value to offer.

Dwight destroyed any leverage we had, thereby handcuffing us and diminishing any value we would get back. If he had shut his mouth, maybe there would have been a better deal offered by Houston. But evidently it wasn't there. That said, I am happy with the future flexibility and assets we received in return.

You know I hear this "neither team had anything to offer" but they in fact DID have things to offer. They may not have been what WE wanted but I think Bynum had value as the second best center in the league. We just needed to find somewhere Bynum WANTED to go which had assets WE wanted. Now if Bynum limited the options to Philly that would be another story to this jack a$$ run league of Stern induced bul****ery. It probably was the case in fact but the Lakers had an asset and they gave him up to us to ship off to another team. The only person I hate worse than Otis...and he deserves 100% of it is Stern. What a joke.

And Deron Williams didn't even know he was about to be traded. He certainly didn't approve a trade to the Nets. He hated it when he first got there.

could a Evans/Harden backcourt work? Just thinking about hypotheticals.

Evans

Harden

Harkless

Nicholson

C?

interesting fact: Tyreke Evans is from the same hometown as Jameer; Chester, PA.

Evans

Harden

Harkless

Nicholson

C?

interesting fact: Tyreke Evans is from the same hometown as Jameer; Chester, PA.

Evans also grew up a massive Magic fan. Penny was his favourite player.

just saw SVG latest comments about Alex Martins...saying how after Bob left, it was pretty much all about Alex. Sounds like the organization was split, red team vs blue team. disappointing to say the least, magic had a real chance at some point and blew it. Still I'm a little excited and curious about how this rebuild process will actually play out over the next few years.

I love SVG. Best coach we ever had. Highly entertaining. etc. etc.

But since when did he start doing the rounds for radio? He's coming off to me like a scorned ex girlfriend. What purpose do these interviews provide? Since when is SVG the one to just go around gossiping or telling stories. IDK. If the TV deal wasn't there I wouldn't be so skeptical.

Still love the guy though, and don't doubt there is some truth to what he says. But it's just silly at this point.

Evans

Harden

Harkless

Nicholson

C?

Hopefully wed get to start hearing rumors on Reke to Orlando. God please let it happen, He's my Favorite player and so as Penny (coincidence) :happypuppy:

I love SVG. Best coach we ever had. Highly entertaining. etc. etc.

But since when did he start doing the rounds for radio? He's coming off to me like a scorned ex girlfriend. What purpose do these interviews provide? Since when is SVG the one to just go around gossiping or telling stories. IDK. If the TV deal wasn't there I wouldn't be so skeptical.

Still love the guy though, and don't doubt there is some truth to what he says. But it's just silly at this point.

Pretty much. I think the majority of us have already moved on from what it was to what it is now. Ofcourse I expect every media outlet to grab onto this juicy drama filled story and get as many damaging quotes as possible just to jack up their ratings.

Its what ESPN is known for.

For SVG, he has good qualities and bad ones.... great coach... not so great at being tactful.