Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

No one knew Westbrook, Harden, Parker or Ginobli would be that good. You have to build and trust your talent evaluators.

Actually, in 5 years, I think it's a safe bet, that the team that is least likely to be locked in mediocrity of the four teams involved in the trade, is the Magic.

No one is better at the PING PONG BALL than ORLANDO - I don't think anyone can dispute that.

There you go! Good to start thinking positive here! Henny is a numbers man. There is a reason to the madness! Lol.

Nuggets in 2014 are most likely going to be a top 4 seed with Lawson Iggy and Mcgee as their Big 3

76ers 2015 pick is interesting their whole team can fall apart if Bynum leaves in free agency or misses time with injuries. pick should be top 10-15

Lakers 2017 is meaningless Gasol and Bryant take 50 mill off the cap and by that time the Lakers will pair John Wall or Kyrie Irving plus another max player with Dwight

No one is better at the PING PONG BALL than ORLANDO - I don't think anyone can dispute that.

we damn well better get shabazz or noel. think we will be the worst team in the league so there's at least a 50% chance of snagging a top 2 pick

all in all, a decent trade all things considered. wish it wasn't with the lakers but w/e

how'd harkless do in the summer league?

This is the worst thing that could ever happen us! We actualu are trading Dwight one of hos preferred destination and we get Aaron freaking Afflalo and a bunch of late round picks? I am so upset right now!

I'm shocked Houston and/or Cleveland weren't involved especiallythe Rockets. The toronto lottery pick alone is more valuable than all these garbage picks we're getting! I'd take Kevin Martin and his valuable expiring contract and Jeremy Lamb over Aaron Afflalo and Harkless in a heartbeat as well!

Oh and to top it off, we still have Hedo and Qrich? Damnitt Hennigan. Pathetic.

Sixers got Bynum for Igoudala? Wtf

Denver got Iggy for Afflalo? No brainer.

Lakers replaced Bynum with Dwight. SMH yep we're being labelled as LA's ***** now.

There is no silver lining to this deal. Fact of the matter is, we got so-so players and several late round picks to send the best center in the league to the freaking Lakers.

The best player in the deal came from our team and we received the crappiest package in return.

• Upvote 1

tomhaberstroh Tom Haberstroh

When you trade this generation's best center in order to be as bad as possible, that probably signals a broken incentive structure.

daldridgetnt Pick details 4 Orlando in Howard trade: future first from Philly (w/protection), lower of Denver's 2 firsts (NY) in '14, Lakers' 2017 first.

Okay, so apparently I'm like 100 pages behind. Can I get the cliff-notes version of what happened? Did we actually trade Dwight or is this all still in the rumor phase???

Okay, so apparently I'm like 100 pages behind. Can I get the cliff-notes version of what happened? Did we actually trade Dwight or is this all still in the rumor phase???

Trade call will be at noon eastern. It's done.

This trade is garbage for the magic.

We're not good enough to make the playoffs and we're not bad enough to have a better chance at the #1 pick.

Afflalo has 4 years left at 7.5 mil (last year player option) Good scorer and horrible defender. He'll make Hedo look good playing defense.

Harrington has 3 years left 21mil.

3 protected draft picks???

How are we getting cap space? This team will suck for the next 4-5 years!

Please help me see the positive about this besides getting rid of Howard's drama and Duhon/J-Rich's contract who by the way are being replaced by Al and Afflalo

Does nobody know(besides me) that were gonna cut Turk and Harrington after this season?

I think Turk becomes a trade asset next year with his expiring and only 50% guaranteed